Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post that the new Lee CLASSIC turret kit is now available through Factory Sales for $200.

Classic Turret Press Kit - FS RELOADING

Kempf's also offered their in house kit for this IMHO great turret. I have not checked any of the other great online reloading resources.

·
Super Moderator
35,729 Posts
I use the Lee Deluxe turret as it was available in a kit and the Classic was not. I was wishing that I had bought the Classic for it's cast iron base, but the cast aluminum(?) base mine has is holding up well. The design of the primer catch in it's base it a bit of a PITA, but one of these days I will drill a hole in my bench to release them out the bottom.

IMO the turret is the one to get as the perfect compromise between single stage and progressive for the beginning loader or even an experienced person who doesn't need the 500+ production of a progressive press.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
That's a lot of hardware for $200.

·
Registered
36,105 Posts
I use the Lee Deluxe turret as it was available in a kit and the Classic was not. I was wishing that I had bought the Classic for it's cast iron base, but the cast aluminum(?) base mine has is holding up well. The design of the primer catch in it's base it a bit of a PITA, but one of these days I will drill a hole in my bench to release them out the bottom.
Yep, same here! while the cast iron sounds a lot more impressive i don't think it actually is!
I doubt that much anyhting that one will do in the reloading operation would require more strength than the standard Lee turret press, especially in handgun cartridges.
and Czech, thats exactly what i did with mine!
i drilled 2 big arse 1 inch holes under the press, found a plastic Rubbermaid clear bin(wally world sales more than cheap ammo!) and set under it and that took care of that problem easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts