Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Ive been seeing much reloading equipment coming back in stock lately. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Already out of stock, I was looking for the 6 holer.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Back when I cast, I never cared much for the Lee two-cavity molds. I think just because they were aluminum. They have their advantages, they are lighter and are easy to maintain. The problem I had with them was it always seemed more difficult to maintain proper mold temperature. At my normal pace I'd tend to overheat them, and if I had to stop for whatever reason it seemed they'd cool off quickly. In contrast the cast iron molds seemed easier to cast with (most were RCBS) but of course you have to protect them from corrosion.

That said I would like to try one of the six-cavities. I don't have a 9mm mold yet so maybe I'll use one for that caliber. I've been slowly accumulating some molds off eBay and other items, all I really need now is a pot and some handles. I'm going to skip the cost of a Lubri-sizer and try pan lubing this time around.

Finding metal might be tougher. Rotometals really drives the cost up, but not more expensive than buying cast bullets at least. In a supply shortage from commercial casters like now Rotometals would do. I've asked around about wheel weights but no-go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts