Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on removing a little bit of lead deposits from my ported barrel. I have a Titanium revolver so I don't use a brass brush,,,,and I'm using Hoppes no. 9. I just want to get it out before it really starts to accumulate.

Do i need a different solvent/cleaning technique for the ports/or a different brush instead of nylon?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
267 Posts
Actually if the lead is in the ports themselves, I'd use either a small drill bit held in a pin vise type holder and carefully ream the holes a little or go to a welding supply store and pick up a set of acytelene torch cleaning files and do the same. I don't know that much about the Ti guns, but thought they are tougher than the steel ones. If that is the case, I wouldn't think the brass brush would hurt them. You could also use a real stiff bristled bottle brush if you can find one small enough. I shoot jacketed bullets because I hate to clean out lead. LOL. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
If the deposits are in the ports themselves this is what I do on my Tracker:

I use a dried out Bic pen and push a Birchwood Casey lead remover cloth in and out of the ports with the tip of the pen until clean. Works great.

·
Registered
178 Posts
A cleaning method I have used for years is the Lewis Lead Remover. It's listed in Brownells I don't think it'll work on the porting holes, but is a wizard in the barrel. The lead remover cloth as mentioned by NYPD in AZ works well for the nooks & crannies, also for the face of the cylinder. Frank

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used the Hardwood sticks that you use for the shish ka bob.
& plenty of Msup bore cleaner, & lot's of patience ..

Lastly, I don't shoot lead ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts