Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
My wife loves hers after I did a little work on the trigger and added a Veridian laser for her. After hundreds of rounds, it still fails to feed any defense rounds consistently and forget the cheap steel case ammo. It very rarely has a problem with Federal or Remington FMJ rounds. Not an EDC but, it's pretty light and the holster matches her purse. :):)
LOL. Now that's the important thing, isn't it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have owned a Spectrum for a little over a year now. I'm a long time Taurus hater and only bought the gun because it was 120.00 NIB . I liked the sleekness of the pistol and it wasn't too small, I cannot shoot a Ruger LCP worth a darn, its too small for my hand. I found the Spectrum to be a natural pointer for me, much like my legacy Walther PPK/s, so the diminutive sights are not much of an issue for me. At 0-10 yards the Spectrum puts them into a soda can rapid fire.

The trigger isn't great a little stiff and crunchy, but if you stroke it like a DA revolver it seems to get the job done. I haven't had a single light primer hit, but I have only put 100 rounds thru it, not much, but it went boom every time and 100% reliability. The take down is easy but I found the reassembly was bit tricky (I'm fairly dexterous and have mechanical aptitude) with the recoil spring, a captive system would be better.

I hope the new Taurus management takes a look at the Spectrum and puts the QC they put into the G series guns and they would have a real winner.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I realize that I'm a little late to this thread, but thought I'd add my two cents:

I received my Spectrum as a gift in early 2018. I have NEVER had a malfunction of any kind with my Spectrum. (Of course, I've only ever fed it Federal brass cased ammunition.) It's easy to take down, fits well in my small hands (especially the mag with the pinkie notch), and is absolutely comfortable to wear IWB all day long. It does conceal very well on someone who is on the heavier side. It's definitely not a long-range gun, but is quite accurate when you work within the confines of a close-quarters gun. I have not added any aftermarket bits or pieces. I have dry fired (with snap caps) many hundreds of times and the trigger smoothed out considerably. The slight slide/frame offset does grate a bit on my OCD, but I think my mind has now decided to mostly overlook that little detail.

Anyways, my two cents.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
An update not sure if I mentioned this but I now own 2 g2c handguns and the g3. By far the favorite edc and range gun all 3 shot dead nards. So much so that the sig p320 which cost 2x as much is now for sale. To say I am extremely happy is an understatement. I know it is about personal fit and these g2c fit like hand and glove for me ymmv.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts