Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Maybe things have changed in the past few years since i was in school, but we could get access to any records we wanted without much trouble. Schools are not the most secure in the file management dept. I would not feel safe releasing information about what is in my home to an unsecure institution like schools.

·
Registered
193 Posts
And what pray tell is the school going to do with this information? Daily pat down (or worse) searches of children?

If I lived in Missouri, I'd be contacting my representatives immediately about this bill.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just another case of a worthless bill and government sticking its nose in where it doesn't belong. I'm with CB236 but I'm
not sure I would be that polite in my response;)

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yes, I ask myself - what good will come of this? What is the intended use of the information? That should be an up front part of any new law!

We want a report of the guns you own- well I'd like a report of the board of education's underwear AND it must be kept current as you buy new or remove pieces from the home - pictures required. Why do I want it. No particular reason!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Teach ALL children the dangers of a firearm and teach all children to respect and handle with care.

90% of MO homes have at least one gun, I suspect.

Just another whack job libtard trying to infiltrate our homes.

Pizz off.

·
Super Moderator
39,298 Posts
Just another liberal "feel good" attempt at an invasion of privacy which is unnecessary.

Can you imagine if it became commonplace among many states? Then the federal government would threaten to pull funding unless the school systems failed to turn over their records.

What I own is my business and no one else's.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, my guess is some backdoor effort for gun registration. I wound not be so forthcoming about what is in my home, guns or otherwise. Now the underwear thing I think is a good idea. There are a couple teachers in my kids school I wouldn't mind having pictures of. :laugh:

Avolow.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Another dumb idea, and undoubetedly triggered by the Sandy Hook incident where the shooter got his weapons from his mother's collection. But exactly WHAT does keeping records of who owns weapons make a school safer? When my sons were small, all guns were always secured and my priority was to teach them gun safety at the range.

Here in Texas, everyone has a gun (or pretty much). So how does knowing the specifics of who owns what help the school distgrcits keep things safer? It doesn't. It's just one more feel-good move to make politicians think they're doing some good.

Here's a counter-point: how about allowing parents to have a list of all OTHER children in their schools who have some sort of mental impairment, such as being bipolar, that would potentially allow them to harm their fellow students. You think the school boards would do that? I doubt it. Yet all the juvenile shooters to date had long histories ot treatments for mental disorders.

Whether (R) or (D), the pols need to get their priorities straight.

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
:r_c:...as long as they add other "dangerous" items to the list like, kitchen knifes, lawn mowers, chain saws ad nausem.

As Bugs Bunny would say..."What a Maroon". :icon_ poke:

·
Registered
15,643 Posts
Should the parents be asking School employees if they have Scissors? Can the school employees prove they are certified to use and posses them, are they locked up when children are present? I think the 5th and 14 amendments would prevent such questioning.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Exactly. I've sent more than one form back to the government schools marked NOYB.
When you tell them it's none of their business, they'll check the box marked 'yes.' I watched some healthcare bimbo do just that in regards to my mom. The correct answer is 'no.'

·
Registered
193 Posts
Exactly. I've sent more than one form back to the government schools marked NOYB.
Is this question already being asked in Ohio?

As a side note, one of the recent executive orders reminds doctors that they can ask if there is a firearm in the house. To answer, I'd choose between 'NOYB', 'No', or my personal favorite - 'Present'. :D

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Follows along the same lines of the doctor asking; the doctors reason was so he could discuss firearms safety. I looked him in the face and told him I don’t need any help raising my family the proper way, and just crossed the question out. I would do the same on a school form. I would guess it is a way to figure out what kids need to be brain washed at an early age about how evil guns are.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Is this question already being asked in Ohio?
Healthcare workers are sure asking. And again, don't tell them noyb. They'll take that as a yes - and they'll write it down that way, too. If you don't want to be on their weapon owners list, then tell them no - pure and simple.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Good luck with that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts