Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anti-gun lawmakers push for a government ban of more than 150 types of firearms, a new Fox News poll shows that two-thirds of American voters who have guns in their household would “defy” any law requiring them to give up the guns.
A majority of poll respondents – 52 percent – revealed that someone in their home owns a gun. Those respondents were then asked, “If the government passed a law to take your guns, would you give up your guns or defy the law and keep your guns?”
Approximately 65 percent indicated they would “defy the law,” including 70 percent of Republicans and 52 percent of Democrats who answered the question. Only 22 percent said they would “give up” their guns, while 13 percent were not sure

Read more: Poll: Two-Thirds of American voters with household guns would 'defy' gun laws | The Daily Caller

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Talk is cheap. It's one thing to state anonymously one would ignore a law before it's passed, something else entirely to actually do it once the law is passed and one becomes a felon. Cynic that I am, I think 3/4 of those 65 percenters would fold if it actually happened. Not necessarily because they're all talk and no substance, but because pragmatism got in the way. We've had this discussion before, but it needs revisiting: If a man has a family to support, he can't do it from Club Fed. He has to decide which is more important to him, standing his ground for five years in prison, or being free at home for his wife and kids. It's a helluva choice to be faced with.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Talk is cheap. It's one thing to state anonymously one would ignore a law before it's passed, something else entirely to actually do it once the law is passed and one becomes a felon. Cynic that I am, I think 3/4 of those 65 percenters would fold if it actually happened. Not necessarily because they're all talk and no substance, but because pragmatism got in the way. We've had this discussion before, but it needs revisiting: If a man has a family to support, he can't do it from Club Fed. He has to decide which is more important to him, standing his ground for five years in prison, or being free at home for his wife and kids. It's a helluva choice to be faced with.
This is correct ^^^^^ And that is why I say it is all well and good to talk the talk..... walking it is a lonely rough road....

Reactions: whichfinger

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I guess alot of us will be crinamals.seriously,I will not give em up....cant say what I will do with my babies here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts