Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home yesterday and listening to the radio when I heard something that startled me a little bit. DO you know that many prospective employers are now requesting your Facebook ID and password or they won't hire you? Sounds to hard to believe. I wonder if they would expand this to include our membership in Taurus Armed, etc.?

·
17,575 Posts

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
That's a lawsuit waiting to happen, it violates a number of privacy issues that i wouldn't be comfortable with any employer asking for such a request. I've been HIPAA qualified for a number of jobs over the years, and as such i can't disclose information on clients past or present. I simply won't disclose my passwords to anyone for any account because now my right to privacy is being trampled on.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
No facebook, no job. Life is good!!

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
No facebook here. I don't even text! If I want to see how someone is doing or get in contact with them I will CALL them. I'm sorry, you maybe my best friend ever but I do not need to be updated every time your cat does something that you think is cute.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
I cant see them getting your password. If your profile is open to the public, then they are free to look it up. I wouldn't give them my sign in info though.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
They're free to check the page but that's all. No passwords for them. Or if I do give it, I'm changing it when I get to the parking lot. I don't need the job that much.

Sarge

·
Registered
496 Posts
I use FB to promote R2KBA issues and politics in general. No personal stuff but a year or so ago HR asked me what I thought about the issues. I told them they were nutz. No way am I doing that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts