Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this little used (lightly) gem about a month and a half ago.

From tracking the serial number, it was made in either the very late 80's or very early 90's. At 259 dollars, I could not pass it up. It came with original box and manual, but only one magazine. Does the current 92 magazines fit this gun?

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Gosh I picked up my Model 99 new in 1987.
I forget what I paid for it but I was in the gun business back then so paid wholesale for it.
congrats.

·
8,880 Posts
Very nice - I know my PT92CS (compact) which was discontinued in 1996? works with the current PT92 mags, just have to add a mag spacer to the bottom

·
Administrator
18,179 Posts
Very very Nice! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

Looks to be in NRA Excellent Condition.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Super Moderator
37,221 Posts
Great find and acquisition! Congratulations, it's a beauty.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very very Nice! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

Looks to be in NRA Excellent Condition.
Well, to tell you the truth, I really don't think it was ever shot. My FFL guy I usually use, bought it on an estate sale from the widow of an older friend of his. Now, my FFL guy is 70, so I don't know how old his friend was, but his wife just wanted to get rid of the massive gun collection the old guy had. When I saw it, I wanted to buy it....wasn't even in there to buy that gun....bought an AK and that gun.

I asked to see it and if I could break it down, and he said go ahead. I saw no internal wear marks at all on this gun, and said to my FFL guy that I don't think it had ever been shot....he agreed, and said this guy bought a lot of guns as an investment, but did not shoot much of them. Being as though my FFL guy absolutely hates Taurus, I got it cheap....his loss.

I shot it about two weeks ago, and it ran like greased glass, very accurate too. I ran just 30 rounds of 115 grain Federal ball through it, and was very impressed at the quality of the piece. Glad my FFL guy hates Taurus! :)

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Nice Model 99. Yes the current production 17 round mags will work in it just fine.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Very nice find. There's plenty of aftermarket mags available for it. I have a 1987 PT99 and a 1982 PT99.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the responses on the magazine question. I am going to get one ordered this week!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on a really nice find!

·
Registered
17,449 Posts
PT917 mags will also work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts