Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
That sure ain't your daddy's Sig. Is it striker fired, or hammer fired? I'd have a hard time thinking it's as beautiful as my dad's gun which I now shoot.....

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,320 Posts
That sure ain't your daddy's Sig. Is it striker fired, or hammer fired? I'd have a hard time thinking it's as beautiful as my dad's gun which I now shoot.....

View attachment 480280
TTG

That is a gorgeous SIG, what model is it? 226 or 229 are my guesses, but I've been wrong before.

🥴

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Registered
794 Posts
Sig has been one of the better looking pistols over the years, albeit a bit pricey, but it looks like they're now attempting to follow the trend of the look-a-like contest between manufacturers to get a larger market share. I think it will backfire on them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: Doc Holliday

·
Registered
955 Posts
My wife has the P320X carry 9mm, I think it’s actually a pretty sharp looking gun. Not as snazzy as my polished PT92AFS, but I wouldn’t refuse one.

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, and their age!
reference a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Aire VS a Tesla!
for me the number 1 thing is reliability and that I find normally comes in a quality build by craftsmen that care about the product..

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
TTG

That is a gorgeous SIG, what model is it? 226 or 229 are my guesses, but I've been wrong before.

🥴
It's a cold war P226. On the other side of the slide, it says "Made in W. Germany".

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
It looks like Dads like to leave the Sig 226 as a great gun. I know I love mine.
It's the best shooting gun I own.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
I agree with "best shooting" gun.....I'm leaving a Sig P-228 behind (W.German). it is no doubt the best shooter I have ever picked up. no telling how many thousands of rounds have been through it. Love that DA/SA trigger which no doubt the first owner did a trigger job on.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Had the trigger worked on on my P226. The reset is ALMOST full auto. Have never had even one issue with that pistol. Even with cheap ammo & re-loads. They are great guns.
This one sports a polished barrel, Hogue grips & fiber optic sights.
HOGUE 1.jpg
HOGUE 1.jpg

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
When I inherited my dad's Sig, it was in dreadful shape. The trigger was gummy and i had to push the trigger forward with my finger to reset it and fire the gun again. I would flush out the trigger assembly and brown gunk kept coming out and it would get a little better, but it was still gummed up. I sent the gun into Sig and for $140, they deep cleaned the gun, replaced every spring, made sure it was functioning 100%, and they put tritium sights on the gun. Heck of a value for the price. It's essentially a new gun now and I see why people love Sig customer service.

·
23,103 Posts
Every member photo in this thread has been more appealing to me than those new sigs in the OP's post. I look at those, and I see the firearms equivalent of this:

No thanks.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,320 Posts
It's a cold war P226. On the other side of the slide, it says "Made in W. Germany".
Well as you know it’s a keeper!

* goes to revise the gun list **

#1 Stainless West German Sig 226

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Registered
29,851 Posts
I actually like the looks. Though the photos in the OP don't do it justice.

That said, my favorite Sig by far, both in looks and reliability, is the P226. mine is definitely a keeper!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
At least it isn't Beretta APX ugly...

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Sig is my favorite handgun manufacture. I have 8 or 10 of them. I'm not keen on the 365, but do like the rest of them.

They do have a following, that will buy every variation of gun the make. Baby blue, Rainbow... Not for me, but some like them. Custom/Limited run guns is part of their money maker.

Here are a few.

·
Super Moderator
20,066 Posts
Sig is my favorite handgun manufacture. I have 8 or 10 of them. I'm not keen on the 365, but do like the rest of them.

They do have a following, that will buy every variation of gun the make. Baby blue, Rainbow... Not for me, but some like them. Custom/Limited run guns is part of their money maker.

Here are a few.
View attachment 480384
View attachment 480385
Like the ponies in your stable. I have a P series being collected now. Got P228 (AKA M11A1), P227, P229, P320, P365. Will likely buy a P220 in 10mm later this year.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Like the ponies in your stable. I have a P series being collected now. Got P228 (AKA M11A1), P227, P229, P320, P365. Will likely buy a P220 in 10mm later this year.
I'm looking for a 10mm 220 as well.
Also have two 320's, a 938, 239, 220 in 45acp and a mosquito.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts