Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the latest addition to my 900 Series collection...a nice new PT-909 in Stainless. Had a difficult time choosing as to the purchase since I already have 3 each of the PT-911. And to be honest, when I opened the box I thought "OH BOY, I done made a mistake". Then I changed out the grips and the pistol took on a whole new look and feel. FWIW: the grips off of a PT-92/99/100/101 fit perfect. The 911 is more compact than the 909. However the 909 does hold a few more rounds and is a little better balanced.
So here are three photos. First photo is the 909 straight out of the box. Second is the 909 and 911 taken together for comparison reasons. And third is the PT-909 wearing a pair of grips in Rosewood for a PT92/99

Sorry for the photo quailty, it's a new camera...either the camera or the operator kind of sucks at taking photos....but I keep trying.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, here is the addition of the rosewood grips photo.
Price of the PT-909 was $369 plus $10 shipping. Of course this price was with the Taurus plastic grips.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Ahh...what a thing of beauty! (And a great price, too.)

Your photography of the pistol with the rosewood grips really is sublime!

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Very nice sir. There aren't any missing 900's left for you to buy now are there?

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations Jon. That is one great looking gun.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice sir. There aren't any missing 900's left for you to buy now are there?
There is still the PT-908 which is kind of the pre-909. Which I have come across often, but feel what with the new 909 I can do with out. And my holy grail will be the PT-957, which is the 357Sig version of the lineup. I came across one a over the winter and just couldn't get up the gumption to get out in the cold Texas weather to go pick it up. Now I am kicking myself in the butt for being to lazy. Haven't come across another to date. I guess I should stop looking, seems that is when things always turn up....or if you don't have the money to spend at that time they also tend to pop up.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
There's a shop near Pittsburgh that had 2 957's a few weeks back. I think they have one left, but i haven't checked their used inventory this week.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, I will give them a call in the morning and get further information on that 957.
I really do appreciate it,
Jon

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same 909. Shot it last week and it was flawless for 100 rounds. Need to put some more through it yet. Robertsons has great deals. I am assuming that is where you got yours. I have been eyeing up a 911 like yours in blued and stainless. The 945 is appealing as well. Very nice collection you have going Jon.

Regards,
Noot

·
Registered
13 Posts
By the way. Do you find that your mag release is a little "mushy" on the 909? Mine ejects fine and all, but I wish it was little more "positive" like my PT100.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the same 909. Shot it last week and it was flawless for 100 rounds. Need to put some more through it yet. Robertsons has great deals. I am assuming that is where you got yours. I have been eyeing up a 911 like yours in blued and stainless. The 945 is appealing as well. Very nice collection you have going Jon.

Regards,
Noot
Robertson's Trading is a bad, bad, bad place to do business with....they are so good at what they do, you keep going back. They have some excellent prices, great selection, and Customer Service. If you purchase a new gun on a Monday morning, it is sitting at your FFL on Wed waiting to be picked up. When I purchased the two 911 pistols, they shipped both for a total shipping charge of $10. I just noticed that they have a limited supply of Beretta Cougar 8000 Inox, new in box for $539....I just need the strength to say no.

I haven't noticed the mag release being mushy, but I gotta be honest, I still need to clean it and oil it down, run a few rounds down the tube yet. I hope to do that tomorrow. I recommend the PT-911, it is a great smaller brother to the 909 and could be carried as a CC weapon very easy. And Robersons price is pretty darn good. My plans for the 911s it to swap parts from both the blue and stainless pistols to end up with two duo tone pistols in kind of a reversed mirror image.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
They're good people down there at Ace, i bought my RIA 1911 there and was very happy with their customer service. They always have good pieces laying around, and when they say something is in excellent condition, it's not just for sales numbers. The prices are pretty reasonable overall, especially considering there is a Gander Mountain and a Cabela's in close proximity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts