Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tested my two new magazines from Taurus for my 24/7 Pro 45acp, and one of the mags will not feed the last round of the mag into the chamber - it sticks against the feed ramp. If I pull back slightly on the slide and release it, the round will feed.....is there perhaps a problem with the springs or the mag itself, or something else I can diagnose or check? Not sure why every round except the last one is okay.

Thanks for any input guys.

·
Administrator
18,303 Posts
That sounds like a Spring Problem to me. I would thoroughly clean the magazines and give half of the top coil a .45 degree bend, as is commonly done in other .45 ACP magazines. Most notably, some of the double column .45's. You might want to give Taurus Customer Service a call and see what they say.

I have yet to disassemble my .45 24/7 OSS's magazines, but i've not had problems with them yet. Mine is still a relatively new gun, as yet, with only 500 rounds thru it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
tex, I did a lot of research before I bought my 24/7 45acp. Seems like taurus had some real serious problems w/ magazines early on. On other boards,seems like early in 2006 everybody that bought one of these had problems with submarining. By the date on the posts that i read, around october 06, taurus changed something on the magazine (spring, follower, or feed lips) that seemed to fix the problem. My 24/7 came with the feed ramp polished to a mirror finish. I'd say that this is part of the fix too. I have put off buying an extra mag. or two because I'm worried about getting ahold of some "old stock" and getting one of the bad ones. can you tell any difference between the ones that came with your pistol and the one that doesn't work. On one board a guy said that the old mags had a flat wire spring and my new ones have a round wire spring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I just purchased a 24/7 compact and love the gun. Now on the 17 round magazine theres a rubber spacer on the bottom of it, I bought a couple extra magazines and they didn't come with the spacer. Does anyone know what the technical name for it is and where I can find them to purchase? Thanks and much appreciated.

·
Administrator
40,398 Posts
I haven't had a problem with Taurus mags like you describe. But I have with a Ruger. When I clean the mags (Taurus included) I spray STP silicone inside. It drys rapidly and leaves no film that I can detect. I have no magazine problems of any kind, with any of my guns at this time. Heck, just a thought, could help you.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
littlenicky said:
Hi, I just purchased a 24/7 compact and love the gun. Now on the 17 round magazine theres a rubber spacer on the bottom of it, I bought a couple extra magazines and they didn't come with the spacer. Does anyone know what the technical name for it is and where I can find them to purchase? Thanks and much appreciated.
Spacer is the right name, the P# from Taurus is 26118947 You could call Taurus and check it out!! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1-800-327-3776

1 - 7 of 7 Posts