Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
For those who like movie trivia:
"Last Man Standing" is an updated remake of "Fistful of Dollars" - which in turn was a remake of a Japanese film "Yojimbo"(?).

(Thinking about it now, "Yojimbo" sounds like something a New Jersey guy would shout out to a buddy named Jim.)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Great movie! Thanks for the reminder that even if his acting skills are not always the best, that it is enjoyable watching Bruce in action-type films! BTW, it looks like Bruce had some mad point-shooting skills! :D

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Never saw the movie, and my first thought after viewing the clip was "What the hell just happened?" Two 1911s with bottomless magazines, a guy with a Thompson on the stairs, not ten feet from our Hero, can't even nick him, another guy shucks two rounds through a shotgun not 15 feet from Bruce, and again no hits. He's inside, firing away like a madman, *blink* he's outside firing like a madman, *blink* he's inside again, etc., etc. :blink:

/Stoopid Hollywood.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Let's be fair, here.
I watched the movie last night and in the final big shootout, Willis' character can be seen dropping empty magazines - several times.
Of course, since he continues shooting right after that, you must take it on faith that he replaced them with full mags.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Never saw the movie, and my first thought after viewing the clip was "What the hell just happened?" Two 1911s with bottomless magazines, a guy with a Thompson on the stairs, not ten feet from our Hero, can't even nick him, another guy shucks two rounds through a shotgun not 15 feet from Bruce, and again no hits. He's inside, firing away like a madman, *blink* he's outside firing like a madman, *blink* he's inside again, etc., etc. :blink:

/Stoopid Hollywood.

Are you sure you haven't seen this movie? You seem to know an awful lot about it. (Cheesey grin ~ :D)

Reactions: LongTermGuy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts