Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...this year.

Picked up a used Sig P229 in 357 Sig from CDNN. My original plan was to send it off to ccrrefinishing.com and have it refinished in their Cera-Hide finish. I was expecting it to arrive with a lot of holster wear and such. Was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at my FFL and saw almost no signs of a used gun. The only wear I see is on the barrel. Some you can see in the picture and the other is the Sig signature "smilies" along the barrel. Inside of the slide shows no signs of wear and the rails on the frame look as thought only wear is from racking it a few times. The serial number puts this at an early to mid 90s production with a German made frame and a stainless slide from NH. The pistol is a DAO, which I have the parts on their way so I can convert it to a DA/SA. Then I need to decide if I want to go ahead with the color change or not. That is the main reason I bought this so I may go ahead anyway.

IMG_2967.jpg IMG_2968.jpg

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Yeah, we've heard THAT statement here before !

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice pistol! I love the .357 SIG round, and the P229 is probably the best platform for it. The P239 is lots of fun in .357 as well.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the beautiful gun! Tri-Tanium as shown in the pic looks great in person and I love that color. In fact, I had 2 slides coated in that color by CCR and the guns looked much better than when they were in the original finishes.
The Tri-Tanium is what caught my eye on their website. I think I will probably go ahead and do that once I get it converted over to DA/SA. Thanks for the input on the color, it is always nice to hear a real world review on something like that. It's hard to judge from pics on a website sometimes.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Also, the Cera Hide coating by CCR is a very tough finish. My Tri-Tanium slides have not shown any signs of holster wear for almost 2 years now with the guns in and out of the holsters almost daily.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, the Cera Hide coating by CCR is a very tough finish. My Tri-Tanium slides have not shown any signs of holster wear for almost 2 years now with the guns in and out of the holsters almost daily.
Also good to know! That was another concern I had.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
My last 4 guns were all the last gun........

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Nice gun! I would have a Sig 357 if the rounds were not so expensive. I think it is a great round. Maybe I should trade my .45 ACP stuff and get a Sig 357

Reactions: Stugots

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Looks good, congrats.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Nice looking gun, but I think it would be even nicer with the new finish!

congratulations-2271.gif

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
CONGRATS!!!
I have the P229 in 40sw and love it! Never shot a 357sig, interesting round though!
I like mine just the way it is in it's natural color. But the beauty of owning something is it doesn't matter what someone else likes... it's what you like that matters!!!
Go for it and please let us know what yu think when it's done!!

·
22,034 Posts
DSC01186.JPG Darn good looking pistol, whether you refinish it or not! Keep us posted on the DA - DA/SA conversion too!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts