Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the Lasermax 1911 internal laser sight. Was wondering if any one else has the same type of laser. Have not had a chance to range test it yet. It took about 15 minutes to install but works great. Seems to be dead on with the heine sights. Range report to follow.

I decided to go with the internal sight rather than the external sight because the leather holsters were hard to find for the PT 1911 AR.

More to come.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
They look great, but are pricy. Saw a "torture test" on a Sig 220 with the internal Lasermax... both gun and light came through. Would expect the same with the P1911. Give us a review.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had saved up some money to either put down on a shot gun or the Lasermax. At the age of 54, and the need for reading glasses, I though a laser sight would be a help in the aimming process. I depend on my PT-1911-B AR for the home/business protection,especially at night. I own and operated a Bed and Breakfast and can be up very late in the evenings.

I chose Lasermax, because I did not want to go with the Crimson Trace grips. It seems that there is a better chance of little to no chance of damage to the Lasermax being internal. Also I had purcahsed two leather holdters to fit the AR.

I spent $338.00 for the lasermax and am pleasd that I did. I know it was a major dent in the wallet, but I believe it will be worth it. I will have a range report soon.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purcahsed my leather belt holster from www.shado.com . It will say holsters by Ray. Just let him lnow the model and he will custom fit it for you. ($35.00) ;) When I got it, (about 10 days) Ity was a little stiff but I worked the leather a bit and left the gun inside it for two days ad it works great. I will do a little research on ebay for the IWB leather holster and get back to you.

I was not diisappointed at all.

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
9 Plus years to bring an old post back to life!
who is keeping track of the record for this??
is this a winner or was there one older brought back to life??
welcome to the forum roger and we allow newbies to start new post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts