Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
There are cartridges that are lasers that work but you have to rack it every Time. There is a SIRT trainer in the model of an M&P and G17. But they’re expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are cartridges that are lasers that work but you have to rack it every Time. There is a SIRT trainer in the model of an M&P and G17. But they’re expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for your input. Racking every time seems like a pain, but what else do I have to do all day. :D

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My father in law told me about this a while back. Looked interesting.

https://www.itargetpro.com/

Youtube demo:

I looked at that one too. The only thing that concerned me with this one was the had a bunch of information on troubleshooting. I don't want to spend a ton of time fine tuning the setup, especially if I'm laid up. Still looks like a good system once setup

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
On February 5th I am having both knees replaced, so I will be stuck at home for a while.
Best of luck to you! I also have 2 knee replacements but I had them done 5 years apart - dunno' if I could have taken doing both at the same time. Don't worry, the surgery is a breeze. But make sure you do the rehab!! And give it all you have as a good rehabilitation program will determine your ultimate long term success. Again, good luck and be well my friend!!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Best of luck to you! I also have 2 knee replacements but I had them done 5 years apart - dunno' if I could have taken doing both at the same time. Don't worry, the surgery is a breeze. But make sure you do the rehab!! And give it all you have as a good rehabilitation program will determine your ultimate long term success. Again, good luck and be well my friend!!
Thanks - I plan on giving rehab 110%. People are saying both knees at once is going to be a challenge, but I am going to push myself

·
Registered
548 Posts
Here's one that uses your gun with a laser placed in the chamber instead of a plastic pistol and a target with an adjustable diameter that sells for $150 shippied:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/736382049

pix934513793.jpg

Reactions: rhuber

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Wait a sec.. you're in Williams Bay near Lake Geneva up dere' in the frozen tundra. You gotta' have a basement, right? Set up a small range down there with some sound proofing and a good catch box and backstop for the lead. Perfect situation.... range practice and great rehab work up and down the stairs! Man, you got it made!!! :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
I looked at that one too. The only thing that concerned me with this one was the had a bunch of information on troubleshooting. I don't want to spend a ton of time fine tuning the setup, especially if I'm laid up. Still looks like a good system once setup
I have one. It works reasonably well. I've never had to do any kind of "troubleshooting." It's always just worked.

Reactions: rhuber

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait a sec.. you're in Williams Bay near Lake Geneva up dere' in the frozen tundra. You gotta' have a basement, right? Set up a small range down there with some sound proofing and a good catch box and backstop for the lead. Perfect situation.... range practice and great rehab work up and down the stairs! Man, you got it made!!! :)
I do not have the skills to setup a range in my basement:)

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
Umm, looking at the “also purchased” section at the bottom of the page of the link in your OP gives this you this: https://www.amazon.com/LaserLyte-LT-9-Laser-Trainer-9MM/dp/B004NKY23E

Looks like a ton of options available and I think what you’re looking for is one of the FIRING PIN ACTIVATED units. As noted, you would have to rack the slide for each shot unless you are training with a revolver or a DA/SA semiauto or a semi auto SA with “second strike” (basically a marketing term for DA) capabilities. As I sit here writing this I’m pulling the trigger over and over (on my UNLOADED and magazine removed) on my PT-145 with firing pin activation with each trigger pull.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have the itarget system. It's pretty easy to use, and fun to play with. Just chamber the laser cartridge, set up the phone (pretty easy to do), and start shooting. The app records your groups. I've been "shooting" against my son since we got it. He almost always wins. Younger eyes and steadier hands, I guess. We've used the 9mm laser cartridge in a Sig P938, an M&P, a Taurus, a Tri-Star CZ clone, and a CZ. It was challenging to chamber the cartridge in a couple of the smaller guns, but once it's in it works well.

No troubleshooting has been required thus far. Set up only takes about a minute - just adjust the app so that the phone camera views the target properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts