Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add a laser indicator to my 24/7 pro 9mm but have not found anything.

The 24/7 pro comes with the universal rails for adding flashlight or laser, but I have not found anything good.

There has to be something, something w/o a flashlight but with the laser indicator so there is no mistaking where the impact will be.
THX

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a LaserLyte sub-compact laser sight for my 24/7 .45. Once sighted, it works well. Forget about it fitting in any holster though!
Think I purchased it at CheaperThanDirt.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oldscot44 said:
I have a LaserLyte sub-compact laser sight for my 24/7 .45. Once sighted, it works well. Forget about it fitting in any holster though!
Think I purchased it at CheaperThanDirt.
The exact same laser I just came across. Is it good? What price did you pay? What model exactly did you get?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Actually if you look around, there are some holsters for Taurus guns that work with the laser in place. I do not remember which ones, but I did see them on a couple sites.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have that exact Laserlyte and would like to sell it. Did not know that the shop I ordered my 9mm from got me a 24/7 COMPACT until I tried to put on the laserlyte. :???:

Will sell for $95.00 shipped in the lower 48.

PM me or e-mail [email protected]

PS...first post, Hi everyone!

·
Registered
235 Posts
You didn't see the "C" on the slide? By the way...they still fit, the rail is still there, it just takes some working (like turning the mount around), that's all.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
FightingJoe said:
I am looking to add a laser indicator to my 24/7 pro 9mm but have not found anything.

The 24/7 pro comes with the universal rails for adding flashlight or laser, but I have not found anything good.

There has to be something, something w/o a flashlight but with the laser indicator so there is no mistaking where the impact will be.
THX
Fight
FightingJoe said:

THX
FightingJoe, we make one for the PT-145 and the 24/7 Pro C called the RSS. It is very compact and weight less than an ounce (0.6 ounce) with batteries installed on the pistol. It also uses human touch to turn on like our other systems, no mechanical or pressure switch. Our NRA instructors like it because of how it turns on (keep your finger along the side of pistol to turn on and off) they feel it teaches trigger finger discipline. Here is a link to our site showing more info:

http://www.armalaser.com/Taurus_Mill_PT_145_RSS-TAURUS_PT_145_RSS.html

Right now Don Hume Leather is making up a batch of right-handed and left-handed in-waist band and outer waist band holsters. We should get them in about 3-4 weeks. The prices will be the same as the rest of our holster line on our site. All our holsters are designed to take our laser systems.

It will fit on the longer pistols but I wouldn't recommend using the RSS on them unless you have a loooong trigger finger. The RSS is very short and designed for shorter rails. Now you can use it if your pistol has multiple notches in the rail like the Sigs and HKs, but Taurus located the second notch on the full-size 24/7 too close to the trigger guard so you have to use the one closest to the muzzle which places the RSS more forward than we like but is right on for the Pro C.

There are 2 versions of the RSS, the one for the PT-145 and 24/7 Pro C are the same one and will also fit the Kel-Tec PF-9, FN 5-7, HK P3000 HK45/HK45C, and all Sigs. The other version will fit Springfield XD, S&W M&P, Walther PPS P22 P99C, Beretta PX4 Storm SC.

Cheaper Than Dirt also has them in stock. Hope that helps.

Rick

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have this one for my 24/7 Pro 9mm SS

AimSHOT 5mw Red Laser Kit with Picatinny-Style Mount Matte
Product #: 688934

Got it from Midway USA for $60. Once its dialed in its right on. But I couldn't find a holster that would fit it.

I'll sell it for $40 if interested. Just pm me or email me @ [email protected]

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've always assumed that, because the 24/7 uses a picatinny rail, that any accessories designed for the picatinny rail would work. It doesn't have to say it specifically fits the 24/7. Right? :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Vismin said:
I've always assumed that, because the 24/7 uses a picatinny rail, that any accessories designed for the picatinny rail would work. It doesn't have to say it specifically fits the 24/7. Right? :)
Anything does work, but with the compact, the rail is pretty short. With the little cheapo laser I got for mine, it actually sticks about a half inch past the end of the barrel, since I had to modify it to make it work with mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts