Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having a hard time finding lasers for the littler gun, the crimson trace is costly but i cant find a laser max for it..anyone have some pics with a laser on the gun???

·
Registered
120 Posts
The only laser I was able to find for my TCP was the Crimson Trace laser guard. I have read in other posts that Crimson Trace is currently the only manufacturer that makes a laser for the TCP.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Crimsontrace is the only brand I've seen for the 700's. It is expensive, but I kind of like the grip switch functionality. Its one less thing you have to worry about/process if there was ever an instance that you needed to draw your gun. Its also why I'm leaning towards a 738+crimson trace over the bodyguard for the wife since the bodyguard laser is basically useless. Although I like the ergonomics and the manual safety function on the bodyguard. Personally I don't think a safety is needed, but the wife would like to have one just as an extra precaution just when holstering/unhostering, or when sitting in safe, etc.

I have heard others say they don't like the grip switch, so it all comes down to personal preference. In the case of the 738 the only option is laser or no laser :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
For me, the CT Laserguard is the way to go on the TCP for any kind of target shooting at a range. The sight radius is so small, and the sights themselves are almost useless IMHO. I find the laser really helps at the range. If you don't care about hitting the paper at 10 or more yards, i.e. your shooting will be up close and personal, then no laser necessary. The TCP is not a range gun, but it is a GREAT carry gun as it is so very easy to conceal, and 380 ACP will get the job done if I do may part.

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
I have the Crimson Trace it works great for me. Check around I got a great deal on mine at the gun show in Miami. Here is the thing I noticed with the Crimson Trace trigger guard, my fingers fall on it perfect, don't have to alter my grip at all. When others shoot my TCP their fingers do not naturally depress it, kind of defeating the purpose of instant on. If you get the chance, try one before you spend the money, to make sure it naturally works for you. Gun shows are a good place to try the product before you buy.

I practice point and shoot the most with the TCP, the laser really saved me in ammo for this type of practice. Now when I practice point and shoot I cover the laser with electrical tape. You never know when it may fail you. You know good ole Murphy's Law.

At the time I got the laser my biggest safety concern was night fishing from a boat. A lot of modern day pirate boat robberies were going on at the time. Fishing Tackle and electronics are easy sales for fast cash around here. On a rocking boat aiming at someone on a rocking boat had me concerned. The laser helped ease my concerns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am one of those people whose fingers couln't depress the laser activation button with regular success. I often found I had to milk my grip in order for it to come on. Crimson Trace should have extended the front strap with the activation button down another 1/8 inch. Sold mine almost brand new on GB for $140.

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
I am one of those people whose fingers couln't depress the laser activation button with regular success. I often found I had to milk my grip in order for it to come on. Crimson Trace should have extended the front strap with the activation button down another 1/8 inch. Sold mine almost brand new on GB for $140.
That is the problem, 1/8 inch down for me would not work. It almost needs to be an adjustable button that you could slide to where it works perfect for you them lock it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts