Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from helping with clean-up efforts from the tornado that hit Lamcaster yesterday. I wish that everyone that reads this would pray for the people there that lost their homes. The video seen on the networks last night did not give a very accurate account of the devastation. I took two crews to assist and we were in a neighborhood they didn't even show yesterday and last night. Clean-up efforts have been halted for the night but will resume again at first light. I just wanted everyone to know this community needs our prayers. Hug your family and tell them you love them and be thankful for what we have.

Reactions: RevolverFan

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Tornados are a real scary thing. They pop up so quickly and can change direction so fast that weather people are hard pressed to to keep up! I have told my wife if we were to ever build a new home ( which at our age is unlikely ) that I would build an underground safe room in the back yard with access from the basement via a steel door. A person could use it for secure storage as well as storm protection. The cost of doing this while building a new house would not have to add all that much to the cost!

·
32,495 Posts
Prayers going out for everyone that was affected by the storms. No one should have to go through that kind of thing, but nature does not care.

Here's to those people to pick up the pieces, give thanks for being alive, and hopefully a bit stronger for the experience.

Texas needed the rain, but not with what accompanied ths storm. God go with them and watch over them all.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I was scheduled to start a new job with Schneider Trucking yesterday at there DFW terminal. I was not feeling right about starting with them for some reason. One of those gut things, it just didn't feel right.

Monday I got a call for an interview on Tuesday with another company that is more in line with what I want to do. When I saw what happened there I was just thinking I would have been right there when it happened.

·
32,495 Posts
I was scheduled to start a new job with Schneider Trucking yesterday at there DFW terminal. I was not feeling right about starting with them for some reason. One of those gut things, it just didn't feel right.

Monday I got a call for an interview on Tuesday with another company that is more in line with what I want to do. When I saw what happened there I was just thinking I would have been right there when it happened.
Darn lucky and the angel watching over your shoulder just kept nudging you.

I saw the video of the Schnieder place getting trashed and the trailers that were in flight. Just astounding!!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Hoping everyone is safe and recovery is quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts