Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spring got past the nut while at the range yesterday. This happened when I first got it over a year ago. But I having a much harder time getting it out. Ideas?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Pound the front of the spring with a big hard rubber or leather mallet? Or you could use a little more finesse and wiggle it out while pressing on the front of the spring with your thumb.

Had the same thing happen with a Glock 22. Wound up replacing the spring with a newer, more recent version that had a collar. No further problems.

Reactions: Konyo312

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pound the front of the spring with a big hard rubber or leather mallet? Or you could use a little more finesse and wiggle it out while pressing on the front of the spring with your thumb.

Had the same thing happen with a Glock 22. Wound up replacing the spring with a newer, more recent version that had a collar. No further problems.
Thanks! I was able to compress the spring and push the end back in thru the hole.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've had this happen twice with my Lakeline guide rod. My thoughts are that the head is a hair small and after enough rounds the heat causes the guide rod bore to open up just enough to let the head slip through. Alfonse, your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Had it happen with 2 different Lakeline RCA's . Recycled them to the trash and went back to original Taurus RCA. No issues ever with Taurus RCA. Have about close to 2000 rounds now with factory RCA.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you have an issue, and that is certainly an issue, contact us. We'll replace the unit with one without the issue.

Simple.
Is there a known issue? Have you been replacing any?

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
Is there a known issue? Have you been replacing any?
I think what Alfonse is saying is, that he stands behind his product. There haven't been but a few, maybe even a couple of complaints here.

Reactions: hworth18

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received a replacement. As it turns out, I have had it for 2 years and there have been some changes. Hopefully, I can get to the range this weekend. Thanks Alfonse!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I know this thread is 3 years old BUT, I JUST had this happen to my Taurus PT111 G2 on yesterday (April 21, 2018). My PT111 is 3 years old and I bought and installed the lakeline recoil spring in mid December 2017 to possibly help resolve FTF and FTE issues I was experiencing. I have maybe 1000 rounds through it since I have put it in. The ends of the spring are flattened as needed to make it seat right on both ends in the gun slide and on the guide rod flare on the other end of the large spring. I have already contacted LakeLineLLC about but I did want to others to know that is issue still happens. I will be working with LakeLineLLC to see if we can figure the issue on why the large spring end did make it through the hole where the spring is supposed to seat in the hold of the slide. So, chalk this one up to another more recent happening even with the statement from Konyo312 stating 'there have been some changes'. No offence Konyo312, I'm merely indicating that any changes by LakeLine may not have helped this issue as mine is literally a more recent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts