Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know who this mysterious woman is who supposedly owns American Derringer? I was thinking about calling I just wanted to make sure this wasnt some kind of joke. The Website is very simple and looks old so I am just trying to verify that this information is true.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I saw her on Sons Of Guns a few weeks back. Unfortunatly time has not been kind to any of us. that's not a new pic.
Seems like a nice lady tho.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well I am in the market for a Derringer type weapon and she is in Waco, not to far from me. What concerns me is that if you Google thier address:
127 North Lacy Drive Waco, TX 76705-4640 and view from street level the building has no sign up, there is a barbed wire fence blocking the front door. It looks like a rough part of town I guess is what I am trying to say. And no pricing on the website, any know how much do these things cost?

·
32,481 Posts
Their machine shop for making guns is down to a couple of people only. That is it!!
Backlog is high.

Maybe in the last few months that has been corrected, but I haven't seen anything to verify that.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
The business has been making guns when they get a request. Some of the models they can no longer make.
From what I've seen of their guns, they are very well built. Having said that they are too big and heavy to conceal easily. They are about the size of a medium size auto. I'd love to have one but they are in the $350 to $550 range if I'm not mistaken. The price pages all say "priced on request". Guns america has one for $350. That's the least I have seen them priced.
Try this : American Derringers

Believe it or not Cobra makes a very nice little derringer. I own a 9MM and a 38 special. Very concealable. But kick like a mule. They make 22 cal up to 45 cal.
I like them. http://www.cobrapistols.net/product-big-bore-derringers.asp

·
Registered
233 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts