Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally caved and joined after looking around. Looks like a great forum with lots of knowledgeable people.
I live in Maine currently. Im enlisted in the Army waiting to ship to boot camp in May. My job will be a medic.
I own a pt709 which I am currently having some issues with. May be me or the weapon not sure. Looking forward to
getting some good info and possibly some help on issues I may have until I leave.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kyle!

Army Basic Combat Training will be an experience you will never forget. Also, the Army is blessed to have a fine Medical Corp, so you will receive top notch medical training during your AIT.

Thanks for your willingness to serve our great nation.

·
Super Moderator
21,621 Posts
Thank you for you service to our beloved Country. And welcome to a great forum. Just jump right in we are a friendly bunch. :)

·
Super Moderator
36,968 Posts
Hi Kyle and welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! Congrats on your decision to serve our nation and best wishes as you embark on your adventure. Please keep in touch as you wend your way through your training, it will remind many of us what it was like! Where are you headed for Basic?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Kyle and welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! Congrats on your decision to serve our nation and best wishes as you embark on your adventure. Please keep in touch as you wend your way through your training, it will remind many of us what it was like! Where are you headed for Basic?
Fort Leonard Wood, MO

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Thank you in advance for your service to our country.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hello from Eastern Washington. Don't have too much fun at Fort lost in the woods.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio.

·
Registered
32,137 Posts
My oldest son did his basic at Ft. Lenard Wood and his medical training at Ft. Sam Houston and became an X-Ray Tech. When he left the service, he became an X-ray tech in a Heart Cath Lab, and parlayed that to being a Heart Stent Salesman. Thank you for your service from Lubbock, TX.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Welcome from the Northwoods of MN.

You will just love Ft. Leonard Wood especially all the red clay when you get out in the field. Your boots will grow to four times their normal size.

I suppose it has changed some since my days there back in 1965. They were phasing out the old two story wooden barracks with coal furnaces where the water froze in the butt cans at night and they issued extra blankets to prevent guys from getting their feet frostbitten ( yes, we had a couple of guys get their toes froze while sleeping ) for the newer brick and motar units with 2 and 4 man rooms.

Beware my young lad of Waynesville just outside the gates, in my day it was about a mile into Waynesville and they had about a dozen bars, the same number of tatoo joints, a goodly number of houses of ill repute, a few good (?) eating places ( about any civilain food seemed good after basic chow ), and a bus depot! Now when you step out of the gates your are "in town" from what I hear!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts