Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm having a pretty difficult time finding a decent holster for the Model 44 with a 4" barrel. Has anyone had any luck with finding a fit for their m44? Most websites sell something for the tracker or every other model except the m44 for some reason. I was looking for something like a kydex OWB duty-style holster so that I can run the revolver on a battle belt or even run it on a chest rig or something of that nature. Obviously it's not something thats very in demand, but I'm surprised that I haven't found more options. Does anyone who has a model 44 know of any other models of revolvers with the same dimensions? Is there a Smith and Wesson model frame size i should be looking for?

·
Registered
969 Posts
The Smith frame size would be the N-Frame. They should work for the M44. Try the holster finder at Midway. They might have something. Safariland might make one, so a trip to their site might be worthwhile. Some of their poly retention holsters are adjustable for fit to the handgun and may cover several models.;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I believe that KYDEX holsters are overpriced and overrated...with few exceptions. I try to remain open minded but when I can buy a leather holster for less than what some mass produced, bloated priced synthetic costs, it's difficult for me to get why they charge what they do. I don't need Punisher skulls, flags or a picture of Willie Nelson or Ted Nugent on my holster. I just want something that comfortably and reliably secures my gun when I carry it. I have found that Fobus holsters work for me and are very reasonably priced for a synthetic, mass produced holster. I find comparable KYDEX holsters to be at least $15-$25 more. The bargains in leather holsters seem to now come from Turkey. Bought several for various guns from these folks: http://www.kingdomholster.com/

Not quite Bianchi quality but pretty darn good for the $$$.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the recommendation, yeah i have an older leather holster that works okay, but the fit isn't perfect, and I was looking for something that I could use with molle attachments so that I could run the holster on multiple belts and chest rigs without having to get different holsters for each individual application. I checked with a couple custom holster makers in my area, but haven't had too much luck with this particular model. I just ordered a kydex competition style holster for the S&W 629, hopefully that one will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts