Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by my local BP late on friday as part of my bi weekly checkin.
As I exited the escalator I noticed a few people close to the check out at the gun section. I've seen more and I've seen none so I didn't get my hopes up.
But as I got closer I saw the first customer with 2 brick sized boxes with yellow and green colors. Maybe??? Sure enough it was remmington ammo.
The second guy had a new gun in the case with a brick waiting his turn. I expect that they always hold back a brick for each new gun because if you buy a new gun you expect to buy ammo that day. So my hope didn't jump.
The third guy had two small trinkets. Definately not amo. Buy while he was being processed and older worker wheels this cart to the counter. Whoo Hoo! boxes of bricks! I couldn't see 9mm but hey I was next. I commented to the old guy "I'm surprised you wern't mugged on the way up herer".

When my turn came I asked the same old question but this time the answer was different. He said Yes! I came home with a 250 round box of Remmington UMC for less the $75 out the door.

They are making efforts for the working man to get a few rounds. If they get a normal sized shippment they split it . Half when they open and half late in the day.

Suggest this method to all your local big box stores.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Won't work at Walmarts around here, they don't get any ammo.
Same boxes of unsold rifle ammo still sitting the case for the last month or 2 or 3.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Same boxes of unsold rifle ammo still sitting the case for the last month or 2 or 3.
I am definitely going to buy a .308 because Wal-Mart and Academy near me have lots of 7.62 x 51 available. I'm thinking of getting a Savage Bolt Action.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Good for them! Our local BP keeps changing their delivery day to stall the people that keep lining up at the door every time there's a shipment expected..And they do keep back some ammo for a new gun purchaser also

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Same thing going on here in Hellaware..:(

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Ditto that. I stopped in on Tues., and was told by one of the regular clerks that I have become acquainted with that
they wouldn't be getting in any ammo at all for three days. Three days has come and gone, and they still haven't gotten
a single box of anything in. :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
That doesn't mean they aren't getting any. The cases at the WalMarts by me have been unchanged for a while, but they regularly get ammo. I have gotten some, and they tell me it NEVER makes it to the shelf. Either the employees buy it, or a customer gets it before it gets there. When I bought it last, an employee walked to the back and took it off of the pallet that JUST arrived (at 10:30pm) and brought it out to me.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
My local Wally World only puts out ammo at 7am, the same People get it every day.
I've suggested to the Manager that they put it out at different times throughout the week to give everyone a fair shot at it, but they won't do it.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
The Wally World workers have to stock everything that comes out to the floor on 3rd shift, and since there is so little ammo at the stores that get it, it all gets on the shelf.
Not stocking everything counts against them. They have a quota for stocking, at least they did when I was there.
If they are putting ammo out at 7AM, it means there was no person to do Sporting Goods on 3rd shift.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Some stores are trying to help. A new Cabela's opened up on Thursday and they were putting ammo on the shelf, letting it sell out, then stocking more. If it hadall been on a pallet it all would have been gone in 10 minutes. And they had a 5 box limit.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Back from Conway Walmart about an hour ago, no ammo except the usual unsold rifle calibers.
Assistant Manager walked into the bullpen and I asked him how much ammo was stashed under the counter.
He said none and wanted to bet me, he went looking for the counter guy to get the key.
I told him not to bother, I didn't need any ammo.

BTW, they had a Beretta CX4 9mm Carbine for $897.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_Cx4_Storm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts