Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order with Midway at 10 am on Saturday the 18th of September 2021.
It was predicted to arrive on the September 27th.

Surprise! Surprise!
It arrived USPS at 11:45 am Monday the 20th. 469 miles over the weekend. Someone at Midway is working hard at customer service.

·
Registered
37,153 Posts
pretty much always get Midway orders FAST--well unless USPS gets into one of their Coffee Break modes!

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
I've bought a lot of stuff from Midway over the years. They are not the cheapest, and usually, shipping is a little on the expensive side. That said, I've never been disappointed. Never a botched order, never a late order (except when UPS craps the bed). I've spoken to both Larry and Brenda Potterfield a couple of times. They are accessible. They also have a foundation for youth shooting and provide grants from it. A portion of each order goes to that fund. About the only two mail order houses I use are Midway and Sportsman's Guide.

Reactions: shaner

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I'd say that Midway is about middle of the road for product pricing & shipping costs but by no means the least expensive among the vendors nor are they the most expensive either. That "honor" has to go to Cheaperthandirt as having some of the highest prices on the net.

I too have made a lot of purchases from Midway over the last 20+ years &, obviously, have been pretty satisfied with their product selection & prices. The other online vendors are very good too but Midway beat them all to the punch by jumping on the internet super highway bandwagon way before any of the rest did.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I bought an axe head cane from them a while back I think it was about $38 shipped. The only problem I had with the order was that they wouldn’t ship to an address other than the billing address associated with my credit card. I don’t live in a great area of town, porch pirates follow the UPS and FedEx trucks around to see where they drop off packages. I normally have things shipped to my store, but MidWay said no. The cane’s great though.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought an axe head cane from them a while back I think it was about $38 shipped. The only problem I had with the order was that they wouldn’t ship to an address other than the billing address associated with my credit card. I don’t live in a great area of town, porch pirates follow the UPS and FedEx trucks around to see where they drop off packages. I normally have things shipped to my store, but MidWay said no. The cane’s great though.

While “shipping only to billing address” is unhandy for you. I’ll bet it cuts down on the fraudulent credit card orders. Which eliminates problems for everyone else. And helps keep prices lower.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
While “shipping only to billing address” is unhandy for you. I’ll bet it cuts down on the fraudulent credit card orders. Which eliminates problems for everyone else. And helps keep prices lower.
I’m sure it does. I just live in a less honorable area of town than what was presented to us when we moved here. We try to have things shipped to where I work. We’re much more likely to actually get them that way.

Reactions: william
1 - 7 of 7 Posts