Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any experience with KS-47 lowers like you might find at Palmetto? I'm trying to figure out if they are normal AR lowers with a different mag well for regular AK mags. I have a 7.62x39 upper that I built and I put it on a standard AR lower with plans to get so Mags to match. Then I saw these KS-47 lowers and I started to get curious. They have come down in price to tolerable levels.

What can you tell me about them?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/med...ab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/1/5165450160.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
From the description at PSA, they say that the KS-47 upper is designed to work with the ks-47 lower and vice versa.

This may be the only AR that I still need...got an AK and a bunch of mags so why not an AR platform that can also use them?

Reactions: stupimlico

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Yissnakk, you NEED it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I watched a few videos last night, seems a standard AR upper is not wide enough to accept an AK mag. it can be modified, but that would require machining ability and equipment, neither of which I have. It would also require modding the bolt. Looks like I'm stuck with my standard lower and the ASC mags.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
This guy here explains what he did to get a milspec upper to work with a KS-47 lower - dremeling is involved.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oof! That video is hard to watch. I appreciate and understand what he did. He was probably in my situation and had a x39 upper and bought a KS-47 lower not realizing they didn't work together. Good for him for making it work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts