Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,709 Posts
Our Dillons store which is also Kroger has a no open carry request posted at the entrance of their stores in Manhattan, Ks. They are ok with conceal carry.
I'm okay with that and respect that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm finding that most businesses I frequent have no issue with concealed carry. Most, that I've spoken with or contacted, say that they would rather not allow open carry. I have no problem with that. Whether I'm concealed or open, I still have my weapon.

·
Super Moderator
35,678 Posts
If we had a Kroger here, I'd shop there in heartbeat, but we don't. My only alternative to HEB is Brookshire Brothers and, no thanks. :D There is a super Walmart 40 miles away, but that's twice as far as the nearest anything else.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Our Dillons store which is also Kroger has a no open carry ***request*** posted at the entrance of their stores in Manhattan, Ks. They are ok with conceal carry.

Unless against KS law? This store is in violation of Kroger's Corp policies on guns.

Often, when this is pointed out to store managers in a friendly, rational way, they remove the signs themselves with no hassles. At least that's been my experience.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
They get most of my business anyway. Just a better shopping experience.

·
Registered
994 Posts
For those who live in the Southeast and are customers of Publix Food Markets, here is what they had to say about concealed and open carry.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your question and allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We always enjoy hearing from our customers, and we appreciate the trust you have placed in us as your grocer of choice.

Publix does not have a corporate policy concerning its treatment of customers who bring firearms into our stores. As is true for literally thousands of matters which arise every day in Publix's stores across six States, Publix Store Managers have the discretion to deal with these matters on case by case basis taking into account the facts of the individual situations.

With regard to carrying a weapon into a Publix store, our suggestion is that as long as a weapon remains concealed at all times (and no inappropriate reference about the weapon is made to another customer or Publix associate), Publix has no objection to any customer engaging in concealed carry. However, Publix does maintain the legal right in all of our states to prohibit the open carrying of a handgun on our property or property that is controlled by Publix."

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
HEB ran Kroger out of SATX years ago; Walmart ran K-Mart out about the same time. Those are about the only choices in SATX for quality groceries (I don't count Sprouts, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's as REAL grocery stores - LOL). Regardless, statewide, people leaving HEB because of 30.07 signs vs. anti people leaving Kroger for no signs allowing OC is a loser for Kroger just based on the number of CHL/LTC and pro gun people being far outnumbered by anti and no care.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.