Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost took one like this before.

"The bullet traveled a mile. Its flight took it through the woods where some men were taking target practice. It missed an untold number of trees and when it exploded into 13-year-old Nicholas Tijerina's chest, the boy said he didn't feel a thing. "

Rockets host paralyzed teen as special guest

·
Registered
237 Posts
Prayers for the two boys. Thats my biggest concern in a SHTF situation. I would rather take a hit than cause that kind of injury or God forbid, worse. The real shame is it happened durin target pratice. No excuse for that one.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Very sad and preventable.

·
Registered
508 Posts
That is very sad and it goes to show that just because you can BUY a gun, doesn't mean that you know how to USE a gun. Case and point: I live on 5 acres and one day a guy that is a friend of mine wanted to hunt turkey for opening day. I showed him where the turkey come out every morning and told him where I would be. The next morning...here come the turkeys, headed right to him... and when they were about 90 yards (yes 90) away from him, he starts blasting at them in MY direction!!! I could hear the BB's landing at my feet!!!:mad: That's the last time he's been on my property!!!

·
32,481 Posts
There was a gun range around here that closed down due to things like that.

Some reprobate was a guest and fooling round in the range gun safe area with a .45 ACP pistol. Dumbo launched a 230gr. missle out of the range area which went on to hit a pregnant mother at a restaurant several hundred yards away.

The bullet only caused a very large bruise and did no damage to the baby to be. That was enough for the local rabid anti-gunners to start legal proceedings against the club in various ways. The range was closed down and may never reopen.

The learning never stops when one has become a member of the shooting culture. It is up to them to have personal responsibility to be safe at all times and to be eductated about guns and shooting in general.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
There was a situation here in Ohio where a guy shot his 50 cal muzzle loader up in the air and the bullet came down and killed a girl that if I recall was more then a mile away.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Guns don't kill people. That's left up to stupid, vendictive, malicious, or immoral people. I modified it some. Sorry.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty messed up. It makes me think more than ever that a little military service wouldn't hurt just about anyone. Situational awareness was drilled into us until it became second nature. Also, though I suppose it would never happen, wouldn't it be neat if every American were required to take a firearms safety course at the age of eighteen?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Many folks don't take into consideration that the shooting area must be "Safe" and "Legal"...
Even then there will be knuckleheads who will shoot above the highest berms due to negligence, or even deliberately for whatever reason.

Clear evidence of this stupidity exists at the range I belong to in the form of bullet holes in the thin fibreglass roof covering a range shelter. Those carelessly discharged bullets had to travel a great distance before descending to earth... Not cool at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts