Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally, Gunbroker is more of a pawnshop palace than it is a collector's paradise. But, occasionally, you will see something put up for auction that only a king's ransom could obtain.

Check this out:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/720529584

This would make a great "truck gun" - that is, if your whip is a Bentley Bentaga.

Reactions: bobbojama

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
A cased 3 digit Baby Patterson in remarkable condition with the original accessories and a spare cylinder?

You can find anything for sale on the internet these days.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Might be just a feeler to see what the market might be. I would suspect that Colt Manufacturing LLC might be interested for their museum.

·
Premium Member
13,625 Posts
Do the banks consider mortgages on guns?

Reactions: ncfarmer and jtg452

·
Registered
19,806 Posts
The Clintons could scrounge-up enough change from under their couch cushions to buy a dozen of those.

Reactions: slong115

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
If I wanted another truck gun, the 1847 Colt Walker at the bottom of the page would be more my
speed. Well, it's time to call the banker and get a second mortgage on the house so I can make
the minimum bid at $ 154,000.00

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Meanwhile, it must be the Xmas season since the buyers on GB are putting up some ridiculously high bids for some rather ordinary guns that retail for less!

Good thing I'm not in a hurry to add another gun to my collection. My next purchase will be for a target .22 like a Ruger Mark, a Browning Buck Mark or maybe some Maker's Mark {on the rocks}

·
Registered
17,592 Posts
Nah, I was looking for a matched pair with consecutive serial numbers.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
It'll never sell.:p

It's steel and wood. No space age plasti- I mean- polymer on it.

No tritium sights and how are you supposed to mount a laser, flashlight or bayonet on it? There's not even an accessory rail on it!

·
Registered
17,592 Posts
Do the banks consider mortgages on guns?
Maybe. I'm pretty sure that if you wanted to buy Patton's revolver, or John Wilkes Booth's Deringer (not Derringer), a bank might mortgage your single wide, assuming the tires are good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts