Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read more at their forums. Or at http://www.machinegunshoot.com/

This spring's Machine Gun Shoot scheduled for April 11-13 at Knob Creek Range in Kentucky has been canceled due to flooding. There has just been too much rain in the last month. (Kentucky is already at the same amount of rain as we had in June of last year.) This means that a great part of the lower areas at KCR is underwater. This includes the lower parking area, lower gun range and the Jungle Walk. Even if waters did recede in time, the ground would still be too saturated for walking, much less parking.

This is the only entrance/exit to the range. Normally that water is about 10 feet below the bridge.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I hope the folks at KCR contact everyone that was scheduled to be there. Shooters, vendors, etc. In the KCR forums there are several people coming from Ireland and Europe just to watch and maybe shoot some. Hopefully someone will be able to contact them.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Does anyone know if it will be rescheduled or will they wait until the fall or whenever they normally have it?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
paulrabe78 said:
Does anyone know if it will be rescheduled or will they wait until the fall or whenever they normally have it?
According to the info on the front page the spring shoot is cancelled and will not be rescheduled.

http://www.machinegunshoot.com/
Knob Creek Gun Range regrets to inform you that the April 2008 Machine Gun Shoot has been cancelled due to flooding. The next Machine Gun Shoot will be held October 10th, 11th, & 12th, 2008.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
That's too bad but not completely unexpected with all the rain we've had recently. I'd been working on an Ark in my spare time, if worse came to worst.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
mdma42 said:
i just realized that i haven't seen a single troll here at taurus armed.

///+1 knob creek bourbon
We get one every so often but we have a low tolerance for BS. Friendly discussion, even when the people disagree is what we are here for. Usually trolls will wander off once they are getting pegged with actual facts by other members.

Steelheart

1 - 12 of 12 Posts