Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,522 Posts
Not accurate for TN! As of last July switchblades and knives over 4" have been legalized.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Not completely accurate for NC either.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for the info. I bookmarked the site.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I find it funny switchblades are LEGAL in Commieforniastan!! :eek:

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Reactions: ozzy and btleslie

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
But not in Alaska???
And not in NEVADA??? Funny I can't carry a loaded rifle in my vehicle or carry a switchblade but I can carry as many loaded pistols as I can humanly conceal! :D

·
Super Moderator
21,522 Posts
With the new flipper and assisted knives it seemed stupid not to include switchblades as the others are faster. So TN just got rid of all knife laws. I bought a S&W switchblade and its more work than my other knives to get open. Plus they had an Intent to go armed law that could be interpreted anyway a LEO wanted that they got rid of. Thank God!!!!

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Not quite accurate for Florida either. You may carry a pocket knife of any blade length concealed if you possess a Concealed Carry Permit. You can carry a 56" Broadsword concealed if you can fit it in somewhere!

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Not quite accurate for Florida either. You may carry a pocket knife of any blade length concealed if you possess a Concealed Carry Permit. You can carry a 56" Broadsword concealed if you can fit it in somewhere!
Saw a biker in Flagstaff Az with a sword daywalker style 20 years ago. Oh Yeah! ;)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Nice try, but it seems that a lot of the information is wrong/outdated

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I find it funny switchblades are LEGAL in Commieforniastan!! :eek:
They have a restriction on blade length; must be less than 2 inches... in other words, essentially useless.

That page has some outdated information; so always a good idea to actually check your state's statutes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
True enough for Georgia! Any blade 5 inches or more, you need a CHL. So, while I was waiting for my CHL to arrive (9 days) I couldn't even carry my Cold Steel SRK!

·
Banned
655 Posts
This is a good site, I often feel knife laws are overlooked. Personally I break the "law" every day as I carry a Benchmade 940 Osbore which I believe is a 3.4" blade, but I don't run into problems with police because the 940 is not a "scary" looking knife by any means. In the few encounters I have had with police and they see my knife, they haven't cared. Always good to brush up on knife laws regardless!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not accurate for Wisconsin either. No switchblades. Also be advised that while the State has no blade length restrictions, some of the bigger cities like Milwaukee and Racine have limits of under 3". If you have a Wisc. CCW license you are exempt though.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The problem is a lot of cities have a knife ordinance, San Antonio as an example, a lot of major cities have them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts