Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,945 Posts
I take it that you meant to post "looks GOOD" not "looks GOO".

Hope all mends well and fast. I'll slip a couple of prayers your direction.

Now don't go changing your spelling or my post won't make any sense.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it that you meant to post "looks GOOD" not "looks GOO".

Hope all mends well and fast. I'll slip a couple of prayers your direction.

Now don't go changing your spelling or my post won't make any sense.

yes I changed the spelling from GOO to good so it still makes sense lol

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Good wishes for a full and speedy recovery!! Follow the Dr. and therapists instructions to the tee. DO NOT push past what they tell you can do. My best friend thought he knew better because he had minimal pain and ended up damaging the bone and required graft surgery to fix. They took one of his ribs to rebuild the bone....

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Don't let the physical therapist push you to hard, you know how you feel. They have a tendency to push too hard. I am 5 1/2 months post total hip replacement, had the home health care nurse, physical therapist and occupational therapist come to the house twice a week for the first 4 weeks, the physical therapist at times wanted to push too hard to where the pain would actually set me back. Yes you have to move and exercise the new joint just don't over do it. Good luck with your recovery.

·
Super Moderator
19,746 Posts
At first I thought this thread was meant for the two word game thread . . .

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Good job! I've had both knees done. Make sure you do the rehab and force yourself to do all the exercises! Do you know what knee type/make you got? Mine are Stryker Traithlon full knees. I can now run 47.8mph and have a 17 foot vertical leap!! Although when I jump over a fence its in slow motion. :)

Hope your recovery & rehab go well.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Good wishes for a full and speedy recovery!! Follow the Dr. and therapists instructions to the tee. DO NOT push past what they tell you can do. My best friend thought he knew better because he had minimal pain and ended up damaging the bone and required graft surgery to fix. They took one of his ribs to rebuild the bone....
Ditto that advice. My dad had both replaced quite a few years ago and was back walking his rounds in no time. Another family friend's mother had one replaced and did not follow the medico's instructions and was miserable for months. I still don't know if she is to where she should be. Of course, these are all anecdotes and your mileage may vary.

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
Haven't had to do that yet, but the advise here is solid from everyone I've talked to. You must do the therapy. Best wishes for a recovery that gives you a new lease on life!

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thh
d I was a beast in pt I have already walked 1400 feet in a m trips
they said I was a Beast in PT I have walked over 1400 during PT on day 2 not counting all the bathroom trips

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
A speedy and full recovery to ya. Go ahead and push but also listen to your body as it will tell you your limit, when you reach that point stop. My wife is about 16 months into hers.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Everyone i have talked with wished they had done the knee replacement sooner.
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
The most common inpatient surgery there is in the USA today, prob three-quarter million in this year alone. More than heart work by 4-to-3, I'd bet. Maybe it is time for me to give up and go see one of them sawbones-fellers.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The most common inpatient surgery there is in the USA today, prob three-quarter million in this year alone. More than heart work by 4-to-3, I'd bet. Maybe it is time for me to give up and go see one of them sawbones-fellers.

and this is one that Sawbones is a good discription lol

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Glad to hear you are recovering well. Hang in there!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts