Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kitchen tip!!!

I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself.

Who ever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box? What a fantastic idea. Now, if someone would just make plastic wrap that didn't stick to itself. I've been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, “Press here to lock end”. Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place! How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran warp roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this!

·
Administrator
39,372 Posts
Re: kitchen tip!!!

I did not know that. However, I am not known as an instruction reader.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts

RWcreigh, you're screwin' up my universe....I love bitching about things like that !!!

·
Registered
834 Posts

I had never seen the instructions on the side of the box. Just like a lot of things... hiding in plain sight.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

ROFL... :D
what a funny post...

However, I am not known as an instruction reader.
I have to agree on that..lol

I am still laughting..how many things do we use and don't know about the little things involved( must be a guy thing for sure) :p

My biggest problem is those stupid bags that have the zipperclose on them..
I get in more trouble because i just rip the package open and did not know it was self closing..ooopppsss :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :) :) :D

·
Registered
6,762 Posts

I just had to go look at the generic plastic wrap too. Yeap, its got the locking tab thing. I have no idea how long they've been there. I don't think I've ever looked at the end of the box either.

I've got a couple year old box of alum. foil in the camping gear that I'm going to have to take a look at next time I'm in the gear to see if its got the tabs too. I'm guessing it does.

Steelheart

·
Registered
467 Posts

Well, I'll be damned! Learn something new every day. Thanks...... :D

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts

I made it through the whole day, but I hadda do it....I went and pulled out my aluminum foil and pushed the tabs in.....somehow my mind is more centered now........

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts

Yep I'm a dumba$$ too LOL

·
Registered
723 Posts

That sounds like me with those little ketcuhup squeezie things.I've been fighting those things, trying for years to tear them open horizontally across the top, when all I had to do was rip it vertically a little bit. sign me eatupwiththedumbass.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

Yep I'm a dumba$$ too
lol... :D
can I join now..just went and looked at a aluminum foil box and by God it is there..Who thinks of this stuff..lol :???: :rolleyes: :p :p :p

wait till I tell my wife(although her having that female intution, she probally already knows ;D)

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts

I showed my wife what I learned on a gun forum and we laughed til we fell on the floor thanks guys. :)

·
Registered
6,762 Posts

dbsoundguy said:
lol... :D
can I join now..just went and looked at a aluminum foil box and by God it is there..Who thinks of this stuff..lol :???: :rolleyes: :p :p :p

wait till I tell my wife(although her having that female intution, she probally already knows ;D)
But if the tabs weren't already pushed in she can't claim to have already known. Well, ok, she can but you shouldn't let it work.

Steelheart

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts

I hope the poor guy who created this novel trinket on the end of the foil box isn't a member of this forum....he'd be reading this thread, rolling his eyes at our 'brightness'..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts

I had to get up to go see for myself, all I did was stand and laugh at how many times I've cussed that thing for coming out of the box.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts

I noticed it on the last box of plastic wrap we got about 2 weeks ago. I had never noticed it before either.

·
Registered
285 Posts

That's funny, after many a years of getting pissed off about the stupid roll and blaming it on the cheap "get what you pay for" pricing.

·
Registered
356 Posts

I got an email last week about this and i have only run into one person that new about this. i guess i have to find something else to swear at
this is really funny

·
Registered
27 Posts

I will have to check this when I get home... and I am in the kitchen cooking all of the time. Never noticed this before.

·
Registered
60 Posts

You have GOT to be kidding me! That has made me nuts for years.

Solving this little source of periodic stress has surely added some minutes back to my life span.

--jcd

1 - 20 of 29 Posts