Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i wa lookin at buyin a kimber classic from a friend, he thinks it is worth around 600 dollars, but it is about 14 years old and is just the classic model with fixed sights. he is the only owner and it has about 250 rounds through it. is the gun worth this much or what do you think the gun is worth. sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
At first I thought it might be on the high end of the price range but then I re-read your post and spotted the round count through the gun and realized that this is one of the early Kimbers before they moved their factory. IF I'm right the gun will say that it was made in Klackamas (not sure on spelling here). The later Series I guns were made in Yonkers NY. Regardless, I'm thinking that this is a fair price for a friend for a nice gun. And if its stainless steel vs blued that would up the actual value as well.

Many people prefer the Series I guns (like what your friend has) compared to the Series II guns that are currently in production. The difference is in the fire control mechanism I think, but I could be wrong.

I had a stainless Target for several years and liked it. Mine was reliable as long as you wiped the carbon off the feed ramp every so often (when it got black). My gun was a Yonkers model.

If it was me and I had the cash available I'd get the gun no sweat.

Steelheart

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
steelheart thnaks for the info i got the gun shot a hundred rounds through it and it is a fine gun you were right it was made in oregon and i took it to three gun appraisers at a gun show, the average was 750 that they thought it was worth. it is steel and has walnut grips, i was told it is becoming a collectors item so value should increase.

thanks for the heads up i love this sight.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
You got yourself a rarity in pistols. Those are hard to come by. Nice score.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts