Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto,"....

And for those who can read Japanese or enjoy better transliteration: どうもありがとうミスターロボット (dōmo arigatō misutā Robotto)....

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto,"....

And for those who can read Japanese or enjoy better transliteration: どうもありがとうミスターロボット (dōmo arigatō misutā Robotto)....
You're entirely welcome. ;)

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
I have friends who tell me he is still turning up around the world.

I read a story years ago, Stalin, Churchill and FRD were meeting. Apparently the Army had erected a VIP outhouse.. Kilroy was there and Stalin reportedly asked FDR who kilroy was.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts

I read a story years ago, Stalin, Churchill and FRD were meeting. Apparently the Army had erected a VIP outhouse.. Kilroy was there and Stalin reportedly asked FDR who kilroy was.
Heck, I do my part and leave Kilroy wherever I can get away with it.8)

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

And FDR responded by drooling on himself. Sorry. I'll never forgive him for giving away a big chunk of Europe at Yalta.

·
Super Moderator
35,552 Posts
He's a Mugwump!...

actually he's a dog that needs......BACON...BACON...BACON !!

Reactions: bmbroker and Sarge

·
Super Moderator
35,552 Posts

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
What's a Kilroy?
He showed up in everything form aircraft carriers, destroyers, tanks, airplanes, latrines, enemy pill boxes.....

One genesis for the legend was that there was a real kilroy, who was an inspector in a ship yard building ships for the Navy during WW2. He created the doodle so he knew where he had already inspected... The sailors on the ships had no idea what it was so they took off with it and kilroys started popping up everywhere during the war as GI's put him everywhere they could and they got pretty creative and daring about where they put him.

WWII's Kilroy Was Here , The inside info on how the legend started

When my daughter was 5 I had Kilroy appear on a newly built work bench.. it messed with her trying to figure out who kilroy was and why he drew on Dads new work bench!

Reactions: dbeardslee

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I've seen him in old pillboxes and such all over the world. May have even contributed one or two. *grin* And the pup is perfect for the job!

Sarge

Reactions: dbeardslee
1 - 12 of 12 Posts