Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 10 year old for the first time to the range. Shooting club has a kids shoot the last Sunday of every month. Loads of .22 rifles for them to pick from. :) He choose one with a 1x red dot scope. His very first shot was a bullseye at 10 yards. He was so proud. He blasted away all afternoon at spent 12 guage shells hanging from strings. Near the end of the range session he took a shot at a spend 410 shell hanging at 15 yards. First shot he nailed it. :thumb:

One of the best days I had at the range and I never fired a shot. :D Thats the nice thing about the kids shoot, the adults never fire a round. I was surprised by how many new shooters were there, never realized they had such a big turnout. Will definately go back again next month. That is 3 of my 4 kids that have now been to the range and they have all had a great time.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Sounds like it was a fun day. I'll bet you're still grinning ear to ear. :D

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Way to go, Dad!

More Dads need to take time out of their busy schedules and spend time with their children.

It sounds as if you spent a truly wonderful "Norman Rockwell Painting" day with your son at the range.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats too you and your son on a great father son outing, May you have many more....Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
My son's love it at ages 7 and 12, and my daughter.. She fell asleep the only time she has ever went to the range. 2 out of three aint bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts