Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we had three of the grandkids spend the night. We put the 9 month old down in a porta crib in our room. Then tucked the 9 year old grand daughter and 4 year old grandson in the spare bedroom. On one of my rounds of checking of the kids, our 4 year old grandson was laying back on his pillow with tears in his eyes. Seems that the Spiderman on the cover of his watch had come off and he couldn't find it. I felt around under the pillow and came up with the red spiderman and handed it back to him.
I expected him to be excited, but instead, this little 4 year old looked me square in the eye and told me that his watch came apart and in his words..
"Grandpa, I am highly disappointed, highly disappointed with this watch"

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Bless his heart...must have been a Christmas gift....Kids are so sweet and do say the darnest things...God bless them, I love little innocent children so much!!! Your very blessed to have them and may God Bless and keep you and yours..Thanks for sharing...another grandpa!!!

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Sounds like he is being brought up right. Not one swear word.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Son Mike was 6 and daughter Kelly was 4 when Mike decided to play with fire in the basement laundry room. I happened on the affair just before it could have beome really dangerous.
As I gave Mike an extremely stern lecture, Kelly stood by with such a look of innocence that I turned my fear and anger on her.
"Why didn't you come upstairs and tell me what he was doing?"
"Well... I wanted to see how it would turn out."

·
Registered
115 Posts
You know, the kid has a point. That's just shoddy worksmanship right there. He should give the manufacturer a call.

Seriously.

That would be hilarious.

·
17,565 Posts
Shortly after we were married (this happened in 1983), my wife, and I, and my wife's entire family, flew to New York as a group for her grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. On the return flight we were all hanging out at La Guardia when my little nephew had to go to the restroom. His parents were occupied with a couple of other kids so I volunteered to take him. He was too short for what he called the "wall potty" so we had to use a stall. We went in, and he insisted on closing the door. There was a brief awkward moment of staring at each other, when I realized he wanted me to go first. So I...un-holster...and proceed to take care of business when he says rather loudly "wow, you've got a big penis". I about choke, concerned what all the people over-hearing this in the busy men's room are going to think, so I shush him and say "don't tell anybody". Then for some reason I had to add "well I guess you can tell Jane" (my wife) which was a thought I should not have verbalized.

We finish, wash up, and head back to the group. About 25 feet from where everybody was sitting the nephew takes off on a dead run. My wife is is sitting talking to the boy's mother when he runs up and shakes her sleeve for attention and yells "Jane! Jane!" really loud. Now that he had the entire family's attention (along with about 20 strangers in the area) and as my wife turns to him he announces at the top of his lungs "Rick's got a BIG penis". I saw about 15 jaws drop in perfect unison. My wife recovers and replies with a deadpan "Yes I know Honey" and then they all look at me. All I could do was put my hands out, shrug, and say "What?". The boy's mother turned bright red. A couple of the non-family witnesses were laughing so hard they had a hard time staying on their feet. To this day I have a "reputation" that I don't deserve.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Kids can be so cute! Makes me want to go buy him a new, better watch.
We appreciate the thought MissKitty, but there ain't no Spiderman that a great Grandpa can't handle. I did what any good Grandpa would do.....Duck Tape to the rescue. No not really, but I did take care of it.
Seeing life through the eyes of the young can be such a learning tool
God how I love being a Grandpa, Thank you Deal Lord for giving me this opportunity.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
One more story about my daughter, Kelly:
When she was just learning to talk, her grandmother brought one of her puppies over to show the kids. Kelly was not only bowled over by the little furry fellow: she added a new word to her vocabulary and abandoned the other words we'd taught her.
From that day, her world was divided into only two parts: puppies and things that were not puppies. She'd point to a toaster, a coffeemaker, her bowl of cereal, her big brother - anything at all - and pronounce it a "puppy-not."
Of course, her mother and I had to agree with her every time: the refrigerator and breakfast table were definately not puppies.
This lasted for about six months, during which I made certain my mother brought no more puppies to the house.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
They never cease to amaze!

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
I remember Art Linkletter had a TV show by that name. It was one of our favorite shows. Children, back then, were so innocent.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
What was that song about "old dogs, children, and watermelon wine"! O'h for the simple innocence of kids, God love them.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts