Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I entered the danger zone again this afternoon ... one of my local gun stores ... just to look around. Sitting in the revolver case was a pristine Model 36, so blue, it was black and they were asking $350 for it. It had brand new looking Pachmayr grips with the original wooden grips next to it. I fondled it, inspected it, and was this close to reaching for my checkbook. The clerk said that an older gentleman had come in the day before and wanted to sell it. He never used it and needed money more than a gun. The store got busy and I put it down and picked it up again. Keep in mind that I've bought three revolvers in the last month, the most recent a S&W M&P Model of 1905 4th Change that I just picked up on Wednesday. I resisted and said I'd be back another time. It really is a sickness. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I called a good friend who has been looking for something just that size. I described it to him and told him to take the S&W 40 cal auto he wasn't enjoying. Twenty minutes later he IMed a cellphone photo of the little gun with the message "Guess what". He made a trade and was happy as a clam at high tide. If he hadn't bought it, I would have. The good part for me is that I'll get to shoot it the next time we head to the range, but I'm still kicking myself a little.
:guns:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
So many times temptations are hard to resist as I can personally attest to. Many times I have looked at buying something and was about to walk away, when my wife would say " I don't want to hear any would have, could have, or should haves about this later!" Sometimes that is enough to convince me to do it and other times I just bite the bullett and pass on it remembering to not mention it again!!!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
It truly is an addiction that is sometimes hard to tame

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
I haven't been too excited about new guns in a number of years...at least for the past five years, once all the niche gun requirements for SHTF were met. My attention or hot button then became more attuned to classic vintage handguns, mostly revolvers, but I even found a couple of pistols also.

Today, when I hit my favorite gun shop, I breeze past the new stuff pretty much and go to the case that the used guns are kept in give a quick look at the top of the large safe and the main back shelf where newly purchased (by the shop) used guns are sitting until the owner has logged them in hopeful to see something I want, and thankfully I make a lot of dry runs.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I understand your "addiction".

I've "been there ~~ done that". ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,863 Posts
I still kick myself for passing up the Mk IV SMLE...$95. Had the money had the permission......also had other bills...that could have waited....next time I went in...with determination...price was over $300. "Detail will march to the rear! ABOUT FACE!"

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Even I have been backing off of any new gun purchases. Haven't brought home a new firearm in days now....I I plan to keep it that way until....well.....this coming Tuesday.....LOL!!!
I could collect stamps, but they are just not as much fun to hold, feel and play with. Plus, you have no idea as to may have licked the stamp before you. And I feel pretty sure no one has licked any of the guns I own...though not positive

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Great find in the M36....that was my backup gun for 15 years...still have it....still love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts