Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used some in an Instant Pot recipe for pot roast first, then in a cheeseburger soup that is keto. The photo is a shot of oven roasted sliced turnip that was coated with some smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper in an olive oil. Pretty good substitute for potatoes although they weren't as crisp as I would have liked.

Turnips (per 3.5 ounces: 28 calories, 6 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 4 grams sugar).
Turnips have a texture similar to potatoes, and can be sliced to make oven-baked 'fries' (my favorite is truffle parmesan turnip fries, see recipe below), diced for hash browns, or roasted and pureed. They also work well in soups, stews, and slow cooker recipes.
https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/health_fitness/article_3c577ce3-881e-5754-9aab-4007ab9e9728.html

turnip.jpg

·
Super Moderator
34,935 Posts
Sorry, I don't do turnips. But, i DO do turnip greens. Plan to have some with my elk backstrap tonight. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used some in an Instant Pot recipe for pot roast first, then in a cheeseburger soup that is keto. The photo is a shot of oven roasted sliced turnip that was coated with some smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper in an olive oil. Pretty good substitute for potatoes although they weren't as crisp as I would have liked.

Turnips (per 3.5 ounces: 28 calories, 6 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 4 grams sugar).
Turnips have a texture similar to potatoes, and can be sliced to make oven-baked 'fries' (my favorite is truffle parmesan turnip fries, see recipe below), diced for hash browns, or roasted and pureed. They also work well in soups, stews, and slow cooker recipes.
https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/health_fitness/article_3c577ce3-881e-5754-9aab-4007ab9e9728.html

View attachment 454391

Everywhere here I see nice foods

·
21,915 Posts
That reminds me, I need to go get more turnips.

Wheel chocks only last so long, you know.

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Turnips are great. Just make sure when eating them you don't fall off the truck.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I always thought it was a cabbage truck that you didn't want to fall off of.
Turnips here in Texas. Its aways Turnips in Texas. :))

·
Registered
31,687 Posts
Everywhere here I see nice foods
This is the Taurus Armed Cooking Show, we try to offer a little bit of everything to fit everybody, a one stop information forum! :)

Also, around West Texas....We refer to it as falling off a Turnip Truck....not Falling off a Cabbage Truck

Reactions: chefduane
1 - 10 of 10 Posts