Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
21,110 Posts

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
#stillcrap

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Changing the front sight is a good improvement.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
#stillcrap

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI
Im guessing I missed something here...

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Reactions: dudeman351

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: Texheim

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Even if these were the greatest carbines ever in a pistol caliber (not- I own one) they can't produce enough of the old G1 with people still waiting a year(s) to get those. So how easy do you think it will be for the average joe to get one?

In short - Kel-Tec is a hobby manufacture of guns, who for decades has not been able to ramp up their production and has had many issues with the guns they have produced. Yes they have a lifetime warranty, but how long can you afford to have your (fill in the blank) or how many times are you willing to send it back until it is repaired correctly or replaced?

I gave up on Kel-Tec years ago. The good news? It led me to discover Taurus products. ;)

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
I'm still waiting for a reasonably priced ($300-$400) 9 mm Carbine to hit the market. I like the Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine, but the cheapest I've seen one here is $599 + tax which means about $645 out the door.
Hi Point? Mine all run as well or better than my sub2000 & have last round hold open unlike the sub2k.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Hi Point? Mine all run as well or better than my sub2000 & have last round hold open unlike the sub2k.
I just took the red dot off mine as it was acting flaky! Piece o'crap... now I have to go back and zero in the iron sights. Terrible, I tell ya! Honestly, for the effective range of the 9mm PCC, I'm thinking iron sights will be fine. Speaking of which, I'm really digging the new LWRC PCC in .45. Wonder how many bills that one will run?

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
I pass on the Hi-Point carbine, purely over their "proprietorial" 10 rd. single stacked magazines. If they would reconfigure the grip to take more popular hi-cap double stacked mags, (GLOCK, Taurus, S&W etc.) they'd never be able to keep production up with demand...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I pass on the Hi-Point carbine, purely over their "proprietorial" 10 rd. single stacked magazines. If they would reconfigure the grip to take more popular hi-cap double stacked mags, (GLOCK, Taurus, S&W etc.) they'd never be able to keep production up with demand...
Completely agree. My dad has a 995, but the 10 rd mags choke the fun out of it

·
Registered
36,082 Posts
I think if they would go to a model that incorporated the 738, 709 & 740 Taurus magazine that it would be a really big seller myself!!----:wacko:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love my S2K!

Uses 33 round 9mm Glock mags, very accurate, and highly concealable.

Sucks that KT didn't think to make any of the Gen 2 updates fit the Gen 1.

The Gen 1 front site is just flat terrible.

Reactions: CreekFisher

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
I think if they would go to a model that incorporated the 738, 709 & 740 Taurus magazine that it would be a really big seller myself!!----:wacko:
Since many of today's guns are "modular" built, you'd think they'd come up with an "easily detachable", as in a couple of cross pins or bolts, grip frame that would accommodate different popular magazines.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
You are most likely right about them selling well, not so much for the carbine its self, but for the magazine that it comes with! You would see a flood showing up on G.B. Without the mag on ~*sale*~ Doh!!!

HINT - MAKE MORE MAGS TAURUS!!!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts