Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Kel Tec PF9. Loved the size and 9mm. Kicks a bit but no problem. I kept all shots in 5in. out to 10yards.I was very suprized! Sweet little Gun. 50 shots so far. without a problem. Parkerized finish 7shot single stack very thin and light. $289. its about the same size as P11 but thinner and lighter. 8) Does anyone else have one and what do you think?

·
Administrator
40,646 Posts
I don't own one, but I have fired a friend of mines. I like 'em. Pretty accurate for the size. They ain't no range gun or much good for extended shooting, gets a little rough on the hands, but great for their intended purpose. Thought seriously about one for myself but ended up with the P3AT. It just suits my needs better. I think you'll enjoy it. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was very suprized at how accurate it is. Not a range gun for sure. Starts to hurt after about 50 rounds. Very nice for CCW.

·
Registered
959 Posts
pathomas,... You got a nice 9mm TOOL for CCW...<:))

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have the P11 and really like it for carry. My dad has the PF9 and he really likes it too. He put a laser on the rail for quick accurate shooting. I bought 2 hogue handall jrs. grips and they really help with the handling of the guns. I can shoot 200+ rounds in an hour with no soreness to my hands. Here is a place to get the grip. http://www.lawmens.com/cgi-bin/lawmens/hog18000.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link paul.Sounds like I did alright on my buy. Thanks for your posts

·
Super Moderator
35,588 Posts
I've got in excess of 11,000 rounds through my P11 and it's going strong as ever. I have the handall jr. on it and have one magazine wth a grip extension. It's my favorite carry, 400+ ft lbs from an easy to control and hide, light weight pocket gun. It's just danged hard to beat that.

·
Super Moderator
35,588 Posts
Rebailey said:
I want a Keltec PF9 but have heard bad things about it.
Kel Tec is the second most bashed brand on the boards. I'll let you guess which is worse. I own both and have had great experiences with both.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I went shooting with my dad on Saturday. His PF9 hammer kept getting stuck. There is a roll pin/tension pin in the frame that kept moving in and locking the hammer back. I disassembled it and pushed the pin back twice and we ran out of ammo before we could see it again. No big problems otherwise.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Rebailey said:
I want a Keltec PF9 but have heard bad things about it.
I want a Mercedes , but have heard bad things about them too.
Didn't your Daddy ever teach you about believing what you hear? ;D

·
Registered
356 Posts
good deal i was looking for one myself but couldn't find one around here anywhere so i ended up with a P3AT strapped to my ankle right now,if i can find a PF9 in the future i would like to get on 9mm cheaper than 380 and i have a ruger 9mm would be a lot cheaper that way

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
I just bought a grey PF9 for $279 - also bought an extra mag. I looked at the laser/light combo, but didn't buy it.....I think I"m going to hold out for somebody who decides to make some tritium sights for this very compact handful......

I bought the Federal 105 gr EFMJ load - supposed to be a very good yet controllable load.

·
Super Moderator
35,588 Posts
Kt doesn't offer a tritium sight? I was thinking they have such for the P11.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
I've searched high and low, including Keltec's website - I don't see anything for the PF9 but it's pretty new. Somebody will here before long.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts