Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear this weapon is just continuing to improve!
its just a fine, smooth, good shooting, reliable weapon and I do believe the most accurate of any that I own.
it is at about 2000 rounds or so now, trigger is just pure inspiring.--2 1/2 pounds or so with a crisp clean break.
Tanfoglio Elite Match in 38 Super.
100 rounds shot from 7 yards to 20 yards. unsupported.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
I needed this post. I have been whittling down my little collection of firearms here of late. And the Tanfoglios were looking to be next on the block I have the Tanfoglio Force 99 which is a poly 9mm, a Match in the 45acp and another in 10mm.

Problem being is that as you point out, they are accurate and reliable, I just don't get them out as much as they should be pleasured.

I think I will hold off a while longer after reading your post.

OH, by the way, pretty impressive shooting!!!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Compromise, unload the poly and keep the steel! :devil:

Maloy

I needed this post. I have been whittling down my little collection of firearms here of late. And the Tanfoglios were looking to be next on the block I have the Tanfoglio Force 99 which is a poly 9mm, a Match in the 45acp and another in 10mm.

Problem being is that as you point out, they are accurate and reliable, I just don't get them out as much as they should be pleasured.

I think I will hold off a while longer after reading your post.

OH, by the way, pretty impressive shooting!!!

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
Compromise, unload the poly and keep the steel! :devil:

Maloy
I would, but the poly is the real deal Tanfoglio. Plus, I picked it up at a flat bargain price many years ago. It will make a great teaching pistol for the grandkids before moving up towards larger calibers.

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
I had listed it back in Sept in the Classified section for sale as well as a few other locations. Not long after that I got it out and started to play with it and realized what a fine weapon it truly is and decided to hold on to it.

Here is a link to the listing that I had here on the Classified Section.....it is no longer on the market however.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/firearms/330946-tanfoglio-force-99-a.html

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
There are times I want to reduce my collection, but when I get to the CZ's and the clones, the answer is, NOPE!

I think it has a lot to do with how accurate they are. I have a P9 that the Springfield Armory custom shop worked on. It was one of the first Les Baer supervised the work on. He told me he was happy how it turned out. He guaranteed 2.5" groups at 50 yards. He was right on how well it shot. That was over 26 years ago and I still have it.

Maloy

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You just put me in the mood to play with mine. I'll probably take some of my Tanfoglio's out next week to a local indoor range. I really should take out the one Witness I have in .45 ACP.

I really have been stressed at work and need some loud therapy.

Maloy
MY two other regular Witness run great and are accurate but not as much as this thing.
I got to get back to looking for a 10 MM in the gun I guess.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Administrator
18,179 Posts
Very good shooting and glad you are enjoying your .38 Super Witness Match! :smile:

I've found that Tanfoglio Pistols are so accurate, it almost feels like you are cheating somehow at the range. Almost anyways.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good shooting OLFY...Are those powder burns on that target?....Just Kiddin!:D
NOPE!
I switched to Nomex targets some time back because Mingaa was having problems scoring my targets in the monthly competition.----------:D

·
22,952 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,395 Posts
NOPE!
I switched to Nomex targets some time back because Mingaa was having problems scoring my targets in the monthly competition.----------:D
See you thought I was the only one pointing out the powder burns.

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 16 of 16 Posts