Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I am after trying to narrow my next gun list. I am having a little trouble racking the 45’s so I am getting a Revolver. My choice will probably will be the Model 627 in 4”. I am just wondering if I can change the front ramp to something with more visibility. My son has the Gaucho in 45LC and loves it so I will try this one. If I like it, I will next get the Model 66 in 6”. The reason for the two models in different lengths is I am in California, need I say more.... OK quit laughing, remember I'm new here! ;D

·
32,570 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have many revolver fans here who would be more than willing to impart any info that would be helpful to you.

Do you hunt or are you thinking about going in that direction? If not the model 65,66,or model 82 might be the way to go.

Rossi, which is part of Taurus now, has the models 971 and 972 in .357 magnum or the model 851 in .38 Special to consider.

·
32,570 Posts
You would be hard pressed to find any difference between the two makes. Both are decent quality as Taurus and Rossi owners will swear by. Minor price and finish differences would be the only ones. Rossi designs are different in some aspect than Taurus, but there is no operational differences to make one product better than the other for the most part. Even older Rossi's that certain members here own are still going strong after years of use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts