Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the box it shot a couple feet low at 12 yards adjusted the sights it got better but not dead nuts on like my milpro pt111 no jams or misfires though i ran practice round and hollow points with no problems about 80 rounds today.. and its easy to clean

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats on your new firearm. Just keep on practicing with it and get used to the trigger. Once the trigger smooths out (approx 500 rounds) and you had gotten used to the trigger accuracy will improve.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. Keep shooting it. The practice will help you get used to it and the gun to break in. It is a win-win!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem with my Mil G2. Put the firest rounds through it Saturday morning. Ran two mags and was off the target from 7 yards. I'll give it time and feed it more ammo to break it in. It's just weird that I haven't had this problem with other brand new pistols. Got my wife a TCP that very afternoon. Brought it back and it was a joy to shoot. I'm a little bummed out. The Mil G2 is my first 9mm and was expecting better...

·
Registered
382 Posts
I purchased a Millenium G2 PT111 9mm saturday morning, took it out Saturday afternoon to try it out. Shot 100 rounds through it, liked the feel and liked the trigger after I got used to it. The gut started out at 15 yds shooting 6" low and 2" left (3" group, this was the center of group). I tried adjusting the sights, got it right for left/right but could not get the any closer than 4". I am disapointed in the group and the inability to adjust the sights to where they need to be. I hope that as I get the gun broken in it will get better but I really would like to put diferent sights on this gun.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you change out the sights and it gets better let me know bc i might do the same, im gonna run a couple more boxes of ammo threw it and see if it helps at all also

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Den46 and Trackstang35, let's keep this one updated. Since we're all having the same problem, I'm gonna assume it's the pistol. I plan on putting at least 100 rounds through it this Saturday. Let's hope the gun breaks in and shoots as good as it looks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill keep posting as much as i can about it, im not sure if ill have time to soot this weekend there is a gun show in cleveland im going to , ill try to go shoot it sunday if i can though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shot my PT111 G2 on Sunday, do to ammo shortage and the cold I only ran 50 rounds through it. On the 3rd round fired the white part of the front sight went sailing into the great beyond. Over all great little pistol, my buddy had his XD and we were comparing the two, prefer the 111 over the XD, spent most of last week getting use to the feel of it on my hip (This is my first Carry gun) Spent about an hour looking at Cabela's looking at holsters, finally found a Blackhawk for a
Glock 36 that works perfectly, just need to get a spare magazine holder. Very happy with my purchase, I had narrowed my choices down to an SR9c or a PX4 Storm Sub Compact...Have a 627 and and up till 2 weeks ago I had 2 Rossi M92s, sold one to finance the purchase of the PT 111 G2 , need more ammo.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shot 50 rounds today it shot better today than last Time but still a little low

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Shot 50 rounds today it shot better today than last Time but still a little low
These Taurus handguns do not reward shooters who put a "lollipop" sight picture into the gun. Place that front sight directly over the center of the target - maybe even a little high - and you'll feel better about your results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts