Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting article this morning, apparently there is a Chinese research facility a few miles from Wuhan that has been studying bat viruses for some time. These strains are likely the cause of the Wuhan outbreak. Unintentional accident or virus proving ground?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/30/china-researchers-isolated-bat-coronaviruses-near-/

Chinese government researchers isolated more than 2,000 animal viruses, including deadly bat coronaviruses, and carried out scientific work on them just three miles from a wild animal market identified as the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
So the facts begin to mount....my theory isn't sounding so tinfoil now....

Wonder if China still has any political dissidents left...bet they were all "infected"

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
A lot of interesting allegations but no substantiation from other sources. Video posted online in December but no link to it. Quite a few statements that are directly contradictory to Chinese national policy. Don't put your tinfoil hat away just yet.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
The US operates research labs also, as well as most other countries. If you were going to research viruses and bacteria, you wouldn't have a better source than the wet meat market. For convenience and to limit the distance needed to transfer sample from the source to the lab, why not locate the lab nearby? Logically it's more likely the virus was spread there from animal to human than coming from the lab, either accidentally or intentionally.

That's not to say I trust the Chinese government, but IMHO and based on the evidence so far, if there is a government conspiracy it's more likely it's on the response and reporting end, not how the virus was transmitted to humans.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
You never know, they may have had the bio equivalent of a Chernobyl, maybe something got away from them and started this whole thing. At this point, I'd say it's entirely possible. One thing is very apparent though, this started in China and they swept it under the rug until the rug started crawling away and it couldn't be contained any longer.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
You never know, they may have had the bio equivalent of a Chernobyl, maybe something got away from them and started this whole thing. At this point, I'd say it's entirely possible. One thing is very apparent though, this started in China and they swept it under the rug until the rug started crawling away and it couldn't be contained any longer.
I agree that it's possible.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
That's from the Post. Isn't that the paper Trump says is fake news? You can't have it both ways. Lol
So you are saying "either-or"? C'mon, "even a blind pig. . . .", you know.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
So the facts begin to mount....my theory isn't sounding so tinfoil now....

Wonder if China still has any political dissidents left...bet they were all "infected"
You don't hear much about those Uighurs in Chinese concentration camps anymore. I expect after this, the CCP will answer "What Uighurs? Who are these Uighurs you speak of?"

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Just reveled? This was reported long ago.
U.S. Knows where these military labs are and report on them. The senate Intel committee was briefed on this months ago and one senator was sso up set about it he ran his mouth about it. This is classified and full disclosure could start a war. We will be lucky too stay out of some world conflict as this stresses world supplies. The fallout will likely kill more than the virus.
I have posted this Manny times. In historical events its never really the problems of the day that cause or start things but the unexpected trigger or event. Ohh and for all you history nuts of Paton midevil times. All these major happenings are connected to a comet. Well in two weeks we will see with the naked eye one of the brightest comets in years. They say it might be brighter than the moon if it burns up from the close sun passage.
Get a tin foil hat with your face mask and rubber gloves.
Sorry , not April fools. Google Atlas comet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The problem with such a theory is that, while many countries are indeed suffering from this horrific Chinese Virus, when the dust settles on this pandemic, China will be the country that will feel the wrath of dozens of other countries. Mostly in the areas of trade and finance. They may still dominate with cheap TVs and cell phones, but their economy, which was already on the ropes before this pandemic, will take a huge hit. Think about the millions of folks that never batted an eye about where something was made before this. The social consciousness of not buying Chinese products will be a global platform unto itself.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
That's from the Post. Isn't that the paper Trump says is fake news? You can't have it both ways. Lol
I thought the Washington POST was the one he railed against, not the Washington TIMES.

Both are older and reputable papers.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Why should I believe what the Washington Times reports as gospel?

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
I"ve posted this with a link at least several times in other post. Senator Tom Cotton brought it up and another Senator jumped in and it went dead.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The problem with such a theory is that, while many countries are indeed suffering from this horrific Chinese Virus, when the dust settles on this pandemic, China will be the country that will feel the wrath of dozens of other countries. Mostly in the areas of trade and finance. They may still dominate with cheap TVs and cell phones, but their economy, which was already on the ropes before this pandemic, will take a huge hit. Think about the millions of folks that never batted an eye about where something was made before this. The social consciousness of not buying Chinese products will be a global platform unto itself.
Yeah, I hope so. Screw China.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts