Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the other gun rags and forums bashed it to death. Now they have more models and copies than any other gun. Mark Kresser had a lot to do with the Curve coming about. That should speak volumes on what to expect. Outside of the box is selling guns today! And making it here in the USA is a big plus for me. I don't own a .380 as you can see by my forum name, I'm a 45 kind of guy. But I will own this one! ;)

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I am also not in need of a 380 right now but it sounds like I will be next year

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
Rumor has it that someone I know may have owned a TCP in the past, but this new Curve has his attention. Very interesting, and worth looking into, I think.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Looking forward to handling one at Shot Show. I have a .380 pocket pistol so I'm not looking to buy one, just want to fondle it for a spell. :cool:

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
45 Forever,

You've made a mighty good point, my friend. :thumb:

Long live the Judge!

And, long live the Taurus Curve. I plan on doing my part to see that it is a commercial success. ;)

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Judge - Great idea
View - Interesting, looks like it did not take off
Curve - To be determined

I like a company that is willing to take chances on a new deign.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I have a wait and see attitude at this time. It could be a maybe.:D

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
A definite "Yes" for me- My LGS already has my phone number to call, hopefully in Feb.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Funny thing here in Atlanta, but a serial killer whacked three people last week. Two homeless men, and a female hair dresser. Somebody leaked that the gun was a multipurpose, capable of shooting both pistol rounds, and shotgun ammo, and the usual groups were after the Judge. The police finally put together a statement that had a picture of the weapon on it. Guess what it was.......a Governor!! Left a LOT of anti-gunners spewing hatred about Brazilian guns looking stupid.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The police knew they were looking for a .45 LC/.410 combo gun. They recovered .45 LC bullets from the victims with very shallow grooves. The shallow rifling grooves are a necessary design element in the combo guns to keep from messing up the .410 shots.

Dude was killing homeless people while they slept.

·
Registered
36,105 Posts
The police knew they were looking for a .45 LC/.410 combo gun. They recovered .45 LC bullets from the victims with very shallow grooves. The shallow rifling grooves are a necessary design element in the combo guns to keep from messing up the .410 shots.

Dude was killing homeless people while they slept.
The news report that I heard mentioned either a Judge or a S & W.
I was so confused by the statement that the lead detective gave that I didn't have a clue.
he was talking about how the gun had an extremely long barrel as it held shotgun shells of course he meant cylinder, then said something else about how it held either 5 or 6 bullets and had to be reloaded to shoot 9 times, Well DUH!!!!!!
I was wondering how they figured out it was a judge/Govenor as I never heard that they recovered any cases?
now I understand !

·
22,058 Posts
92 with frame-mounted safety and multiple possible firing modes (DA/SA or condition one)
Judge
View (I'd love to have one)
Curve
TCP with wings

Gotta love a company that innovates.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo
1 - 15 of 15 Posts