Taurus Firearm Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just received my brand new Taurus 856 stainless matte finish 38 spl +P concealed hammer revolver. Feels great in the hand. Hopefully will be able to get out and shoot it a wee bit during the holidays and due to the price of ammo especially 38 spl +P you notice I said WEE BIT.
I just got the black 2 inch Cleaned it and oiled it and took it out back to fire twenty plus p rounds. First shot at ten yards. Bullseye in single action mode. I guess the barrel is on straight lol. I live in the mountains so I just shoot on the property at targets I place with the side of a mountain as my backstop. This gun is a great little shooter so far and I love the grip. No noticeable recoil. I have a subcompact Glock 27 .40 cal. Its not much recoil either

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
I just got the black 2 inch Cleaned it and oiled it and took it out back to fire twenty plus p rounds. First shot at ten yards. Bullseye in single action mode. I guess the barrel is on straight lol. I live in the mountains so I just shoot on the property at targets I place with the side of a mountain as my backstop. This gun is a great little shooter so far and I love the grip. No noticeable recoil. I have a subcompact Glock 27 .40 cal. Its not much recoil either
Is your 856 the alloy framed version, or the all steel? I would guess it's the all steel one. The 856 is a great revolver!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll look into that, so often the lighter springs cause problems. My wife absolutely loves my 605 loaded with 38s. She shoots it better than any other pistol I've got. BUT, she can't pull the trigger at all in DA. Otherwise, I'd run out and get her an 856 in a heartbeat. OTOH, in SA, it's the BEST trigger I've got on all my handguns.
I found the stock DA trigger on my 856 as smooth as a S&W j frame and a bit lighter. Galloway springs and a quick polish with some Flitz and mine is 7# and silky smooth.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My new Taurus Defender with 3 inch barrel is on the way. I can't wait.
me too! PSA has some in stock, and i grabbed a 3" black for $399 free delivery. I was looking at all kinds of options and was looking hard for either the taurus 692 or RIA AL9.0 but gave up and decided for what my wife needed, the 3" in 38 spl with night sight worked and an adjustable rear sight wasn't needed(or maybe even desirable). I also see Galloway has free shipping so i grabbed a spring kit. At $14, even if i decide not to use it, no big deal.
I am hoping i'll get a call from my FFL sometime next week. Anyone know how fast PSA processing and shipping has been?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
me too! PSA has some in stock, and i grabbed a 3" black for $399 free delivery. I was looking at all kinds of options and was looking hard for either the taurus 692 or RIA AL9.0 but gave up and decided for what my wife needed, the 3" in 38 spl with night sight worked and an adjustable rear sight wasn't needed(or maybe even desirable). I also see Galloway has free shipping so i grabbed a spring kit. At $14, even if i decide not to use it, no big deal.
I am hoping i'll get a call from my FFL sometime next week. Anyone know how fast PSA processing and shipping has been?
WOW.
bought yesterday and today shows as already shipped! PSA is moving their product.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts