Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I shot my new ultra lite 856 yesterday and boy those dimples on the back of the grip are very aggressive. Had to put a glove on. I want a night site to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I called Taurus and they were adamant that the Defender front sight IS NOT compatible.
Me to! Maybe its not an exact fit But I’m a very creative guy and perhaps I can make it work. In fact I’m pretty sure I could. I ordered a night site but they told me they’re back ordered so we’ll see if I actually get one. The lady also said if I modify my gun in anyway it will void the warranty. Yeah right LOL if I needed to send it in I would just put the OEM site back on it. And if I can’t make it work it’s my waste of money. I’ll just throw it in a drawer and try it on another gun somewhere down the road or throw it away either way it’s my loss not theirs. I don’t understand why they are so resistant.

·
Registered
19 Posts
p.s. Now if I could just figure out how replace that pinned front sight with a night sight....
[/QUOTE]
I talked to a guy who said his Jframe blade site is .125 same ours. Now all we need is someone to buy one and see if it fits. Either that or just buy a basic cheap metal blade site for a Jframe and see if that fits.

·
Registered
26 Posts
p.s. Now if I could just figure out how replace that pinned front sight with a night sight....
I talked to a guy who said his Jframe blade site is .125 same ours. Now all we need is someone to buy one and see if it fits. Either that or just buy a basic cheap metal blade site for a Jframe and see if that fits.
[/QUOTE]

I may be willing to give it a shot. The XS sights can be found for under $100. Although that is a great idea about a plain metal blade sight as a trial run.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay...just took the plunge. I ordered an XS orange Big Dot. I'll post here on how my spring project goes.....
Ok lets hope for the best.
Okay...just took the plunge. I ordered an XS orange Big Dot. I'll post here on how my spring project goes.....
since you and I seem to be the most interested take my number and lets text. Once we have something to report we can start a new thread.
Gene 3107664576

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kind of eliminates pocket carry, which is how a lot of revolvers are carried.
That may be your opinion and i respect that and I know why you would think that But in actiuallity its the same height .180 as the stock blade. Its in my pocket right now... pulling from my holster is the same. No difference at all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was comparing the Defender to the 2" in total. The longer barrel and longer grip are the big issues. I wasn't talking about the sight blede.

That may be your opinion and i respect that and I know why you would think that But in actiuallity its the same height .180 as the stock blade. Its in my pocket right now... pulling from my holster is the same. No difference at all.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts