Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Forged Tec holster for my TX 22 and it came in today-in only three days!

I'm a Lefty and they had a holster for me-for only 30 dollars shipped!

They have two versions and I ordered the paddle type holster-it fits my pistol like a glove. I installed a Vortex Venom red dot on my pistol and with about 3 minutes of careful "whittlin' on the holster with my trusty Dremel tool it fits perfectly. Can't remember when I've been this happy with a holster, especially considering the price!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I started shooting USPSA last year and I actually bought this pistol as a much cheaper way to practice and it's been working out great.

I shoot a Canik TP9SFX with the same red dot sight and the similarities between the two pistols regarding grip and trigger feel make this an excellent "economy" practice pistol. The primary reason for buying the holster is to be able to use the TX22 to engage targets while drawing from a holster which is the requirement when shooting USPSA and the holster works GREAT for that purpose. The holster is also available with a really nice over the belt loop attachment capability if that's your cup of tea.

The holster would work great for someone who would want to carry the TX22 in an OWB holster as the paddle secures the holster very securely-I make pretty rapid pistol draws during practice (a big part of your score in USPSA is based on your total time for the stage being shot) and it doesn't move. The holster also holds the pistol securely and the tension is adjustable as well, although I didn't need to adjust it as it came from the manufacturer. I'm sure this would be a perfect holster for someone who would actually want to carry this pistol for personal defense but that's not me-I carry a S.W. Performance Center Shield with a Mag Guts modified magazine that gives me 10 rounds of 9mm +P in the short mag!

I use red dots because my old eyes don't see quite as well as they used to and it definitely helps me shoot the TX22 better. With the Venom on the TX22 I can shoot one inch groups (off a bag) at 15 yards with some pretty cheap bulk ammo so I'm happy with the pistols accuracy. The pistol shoots better than I do and that's all I can ask for.

Copterdrvr

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I generally shoot Fed Auto Match (1200 fps) when I practice because it's cheap and goes off a lot more reliably than some other bulk ammo brands I've tried over the years and it's been 100% with the Venom installed through about 500 rounds.

I did try a box of CCI standard velocity (1070 fps) because I was curious if there WOULD be issues with the addition of the base and sight but I burned through the 50 rounds without a single issue.

I have about 1500 rounds through the pistol and I couldn't be happier-in fact I think it's time for me to quit keeping track of the round count!

Copterdrvr

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Good looking setup!

I'm having 2 thoughts about your custom work for the red dot. It might very well void any warranty with the mfg. but on the other hand you might make a friend by showing them the small mods you made to get the red dot to fit in the holster. And really, at $30 shipped voiding any warranty might not be such a big deal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I figured at 30 bucks it was worth a shot and it definitely voids the warranty. It's a pretty easy mod so I wasn't worried about screwing anything up.

Here are two pics to give you an idea of what I did-super easy and truly took about 5 minutes to be completely finished.

Copterdrvr

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also if you decided to remove the red dot it would have no impact whatsoever regarding the effective use of the holster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts