Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I just put one in layaway, and will get it the first of the month. It's (as most of you know) a convertible, .22LR/.22MAG, mine has the 6.5" barrel. The gun is blued, I wanted a SS but the dealer claims he is having problems getting the SS guns.

He was asking $429.95, and with tax I will be paying $455.75 out the door. I'm sure I'm going to be very happy with the gun. It'll be my third Taurus.

It's gonna be a long couple of weeks!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations. I can't wait for a range report. My 9904SS has been flawless through thousands of rounds, however, they do like to be kept clean.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love mine. Mine is ammunition picky. It likes ammo that I normally stock but it is not a biggy. The 22LR does really well with the CCI Velocitors and Mini Mags. The 22 Magnum in the other hand does its best with the Winchester Super X, followed by the Winchester Magnapoints.

The cylinder of mine is tight and the unburned powder sometimes slows it down. They are easy to clean since the cylinder can be removed quickly.

Let us know how yours shoot. Try a few loads and be patient when it gets dirty.

Camba

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Alright, Juggler!

We'll be looking forward to reading your assessment of the pistol and slobbering over some of the pics that I just know you're gonna' post. :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I'll definitely give a range report with pics! I'll pay it off on the first of the month, and probably throw at least 200rds down range the same day! I *really* wanted the SS version, but I can live with the blue.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm sure you will be happy with the blue. I have a M94 in blue that is just beautiful. More black than blue, but it sure does shine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love mine. Mine is ammunition picky. It likes ammo that I normally stock but it is not a biggy. The 22LR does really well with the CCI Velocitors and Mini Mags. The 22 Magnum in the other hand does its best with the Winchester Super X, followed by the Winchester Magnapoints.

The cylinder of mine is tight and the unburned powder sometimes slows it down. They are easy to clean since the cylinder can be removed quickly.

Let us know how yours shoot. Try a few loads and be patient when it gets dirty.

Camba
Have you found that it is more accurate with one caliber over the other?

-Jay

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got mine out of layaway this past Saturday, so today (Mon) was the first time I've had it at the range. I fired 100rds of Blazier .22LR, and 50rds of CCI Maxi Mag .22mag thru it.

Shooting two handed it was very accurate and easy to handle. Single handed, I was fighting with the barrel. Kept wanting to drop on me. But hey, I'm 58 and due to physical problems, I have little upper body strength. Range Master shot it and shot 3 groups of 3rds. Each group consisting of one ragged hole. He remarked favorably on the guns accuracy.

Didn't notice any difference in accuracy between .22LR and .22mag, both put a smile on my face. I think after shooting it a couple thousand rds, I'll find the accuracy to be in favor of the .22mag.

Thats all I had time for, as I had to put some time in with the "Big Boomer", gotta stay sharp!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine did terribly with the cci maxi mag 22 mag round. My smaller group at 25 yards benched and scoped yielded a 4.5" group. The Winchester super x in the other hand made a 1" group several times.

Camba

1 - 10 of 10 Posts