Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I just ordered a brand spankin' new 85 with 3in barrel in blue from CDNN. Having it shipped here and they said that it could very well be in town by Wednesday! Now my only problem is sneaking out of work sometime that day so I can put my mitts on it. Luckily it's the beginning of the month so it should be a little slow at work for sales.

Also ordered some snap caps for it so I can start practicing drills with it as well.

Of course I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Congrats on your new "85"!!! I know you'll enjoy it. Just be safe!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on your "incoming" M85!

They are really fine revolvers. I've had a snubbie M85 for twenty years and it is as dependable as it was the day I bought it.

Reactions: Slakev

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congratulations on your "incoming" M85!

They are really fine revolvers. I've had a snubbie M85 for twenty years and it is as dependable as it was the day I bought it.
Ditto, only issue I ever had was the cylinder release latch screw came loos, but it tightened right up (After ~ 2500 rounds). Great gun.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Oughta be a dandy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone. I'll update this thread once I have it with some pics. I did enough research before purchasing that I am feeling pretty good about both my choice and the price. :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
I know you will enjoy that revolver. I used mine to qualify for my CCH license. Only problem I had with it was once my wife tried it, she claimed it for her own. Now I "have" to replace it with another revolver. Bad problem to have. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know you will enjoy that revolver. I used mine to qualify for my CCH license. Only problem I had with it was once my wife tried it, she claimed it for her own. Now I "have" to replace it with another revolver. Bad problem to have. :)
You poor poor man. :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had a Model 85 with a 3 inch barrel since '97. Very fine balance. Great fit and finish. Reliable and accurate. I just took My concealed carry course here in Missouri and the old "85" is what I used for the revolver portion. It is also the one I'll carry most of the time. For the auto portion I used a Sig Sauer P238. Also a fine pistol. I just prefer revolvers and you can't go wrong with your model 85. You're gonna love it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked up my new 85 yesterday and here is a fairly horrible pic for you guys. I love the weight of the revolver though and everything is nice and smooth. The DA trigger pull isn't as bad as I had been fearing and the fit and finish are both great!

photo 1.JPG

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Congrats on the new 85, looks nice! Let us know how she shoots when you get her out to the range.

Coop

1 - 20 of 22 Posts